Ottertail Update – Oct. 15

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Got out for a few hours Sunday afternoon with. Dad and I hit the water about 1:00 and fished until 5:00. Water temp. has dropped to 47 and boy are the fish on a feeding frenzy. We fished the outside edge of the weedline in 12-20 fow with Lindy’s and minnows on 7 ft. leaders. Our short time on the water produced 10 beautiful eyes, the biggest being a 22″ (released), and 9 fish between 16-20″. Also had a lot of short bites that kept us modest. I was very surprised that we only saw 3 other boats on the west end of the lake on such a beautiful day. I’ll post a picture of our catch soon.

Gotta luv fall fishin’!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If someone wants to help me post a pic, let me know. Can’t figure out the wife’s camera this morning.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Trev, I can help you post a pic but I doubt I can help you with your wife’s camera unless it’s a Kodak digital.

Nice job on the eyes and thanks for the report!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Thanks Wade – you have mail.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Trev – West end? Did the saddle fish move out? Nice report. Can’t wait to see the pics……. Kurt

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hey Kurt – fished the same spot and had it all to ourselves. That corner was loaded with baitfish and eyes. Most of the fish we cleaned were full of perch minnows. Never caught a fish under 16″ which I still can’t believe. I think I know where the ice shack is going this year.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Wade, did you gey my picture?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Trev,

I got your email but there is no pic attached. I’m going to email you back with some instructions that may help you with the pics.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Thanks for the info. and help Wade.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

What’s with the sober faces? Looks like a pretty fun day and a couple nice meals……..

Thanks for posting the picture. If you need some coordinates for that ice shack drop me an email. I laid a pretty good trail down….. Kurt

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Not sure. Have to work on the pose if I’m going to keep posting pics. I was out again yesterday and marked a couple more key points for this winter. More less just looking around and spending some time on the water and ended up with a few more eyes in the well, and released a 24″. Is this pose any better?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Trev, Nice job! Looks like you did really well!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Thanks Wade. Might get after a few eyes again tomorrow. This weather is fantastic. Got my deer this morning so now I’ve got the fish or hunt decision again. 60 tomorrow sounds like a better fishing forcast though. I’ll post a report if I get on the water.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Dang, makes me want to head up north…… Nice catch Trev!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.