Ottertail Family Fishing Smackdown

• scott-k
    Red Wing

We went to stay at Vacationland Resort with Trev over Memorial Weekend. Kids, my wife, and I experienced the warm weather in style–beach, swimming (a little chilly), fishing , horseback riding, s’mores on the beach.
    Yes to summer!

Fishing? Well, the family tourney was boys against girls Sunday night. So we pre-fished Saturday and Sunday morning. Caught perch and walleyes in nearly all spots. Shallow break lines from 9 to 13 fow.

Sunday night rolled around. Storm brewing. Perfect. Wind blowing over the back of underwater hump and we spot-locked on it.

(I must say…the ipilot spot lock is a dad’s best friend when kid’s need help on the boat..awesome tool)

Hannah and Chris were on the board with a nice walleye each and a few perch. The boys switched to glitter purple jigs and it was on! Isaac caught his best ‘eye ever…a 24 inch beauty. A few more for the guys and it was game over. The boys got to pick the dessert!

Get up there as the bite is great right now. And thanks to Trev for a great stay.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So that’s where you were!

Trev and crew are great host from what I hear. If I ever get out of the river valley, Vacationland is on my bucket list!

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Great to meet you and your family over the weekend Scott. Glad to hear you guys had fun and that was a nice eye Isaac

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Scott and Zach – enjoyed meeting both of you and your families. Hope Hannah is feeling better Scott.

Thanks so much for staying with us….hope to see you again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.