Fishin’ Otter Tail

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Took the opportunity yesterday to hop in the boat and flip some jigs. The fish were cooperative as we found a school of males that were on the chew. No monsters but a nice mess of 15-19″ fish that are hitting the oil tonight!

Water temps range from 48-51 deg. depending on location, but that number should steadily increase with high’s in the 70’s this week and 80’s this weekend. So, anyone venturing this way for Memorial Weekend should be ready for a lot of hooksets!

Attached is a pic of my son and I with yesterday’s catch.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Another father/son duo from Iowa that stayed with us over the weekend with a successful afternoon on the water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dinna is served!

Nice messes Trev!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Sticking with the same theme, this father/son/grandson team also found a nice school of fish that were looking for jigs-n-minnows!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If anyone wants to get in on the action, I have 4 cabins left for Memorial Day Weekend along with a weekend Special. Stay Friday, Saturday and Sunday and pay for 2 nights, get 1 night FREE! Cabins 1,2,3 & 6 are still available. Check out our website for more info or call 800-495-5826.

Trev

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Some nice messes of fish.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Fished the AIM tournament this weekend on Ottertail, first time on the lake and it was a fun lake to learn and catch fish. I am surprised with the amount of sturgeon we seen surfacing or jumping around the lake. Cool to see sturgeon in a lake.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Quote:

Fished the AIM tournament this weekend on Ottertail, first time on the lake and it was a fun lake to learn and catch fish. I am surprised with the amount of sturgeon we seen surfacing or jumping around the lake. Cool to see sturgeon in a lake.

How did you do? Are there results posted somewhere?

We see a lot of sturgeon in late July and August surfacing in the shallows…pretty cool to see such a big fish completely out of the water.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Looks like Jack schooled Dad and grandpa on the water!

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

The results are posted on the AIM facebook page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.