Fall Cabin Special’s on Otter Tail

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

That time of year again to start thinking fall fishing, and once again I’ll be offering a FREE night stay with a reservation of 3 nights or more (stay 3 nights pay for 2). Fall cabin rates and specials begin Sept. 5th.

The trolling bite has just started to pick up this week….finally! Hopefully this means it will last thru the month of Sept. if not longer. And of course we’ll have our rigging and jigging bite which was lights out last year as some of you remember and took part in!

OT has a nice mix of different year classes right now, with the best one boasting a lot of 20-22″ fish….hang onto your rod when they put the feed bags on! Let me know if you want in on the action!

Trev

joemama
    North St Paul

trolling night time or just at low light periods ? do you rent boat lifts..how much ? is there an acess at your resort ?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Yes to all of the above. Early morning has probably been the best…before the sun hits the tops of the trees.

If a guy would take the time to pull bouncers with spinners/crawlers, I know you could put a bunch of fish in the boat as well, but not everyone wants to take the time to do that.

rainman2
    metro area

Trev, Is that Fritzy guy that stays there still around in the fall?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Fall, Spring, Summer….he’s got a trailer up here now so I have to put up with him more than just a couple weekends a year now…

holstc

How has the bite been lately?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Quote:

How has the bite been lately?

Sorry i didn’t see this earlier…my IDO secretary must be slacking…or maybe it was because he was here fishing.

The bite has been good, but a little inconsistent. Maybe something to do with all of the crazy weather fronts every week? Not sure… but, when the bite is on it’s on. Jigs and rigs both catching fish depending on the day.

Hopefully Fall holds on for awhile so we can enjoy more open water opportunities up here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.