Vacationland ‘eyes 6/7 to 6/14 report

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Just returned from many great days of relaxation with some great fishing thrown in at Vacationland resort. After unpacking chatted with Trevor about what’s been working so we grabbed a few scoops of lake shiners and headed out. Didn’t take long to put the 1/8 ounce jig to work and it continued day in day out for the better of 8 days. When the wind blew, which wasn’t that often for prairie country, the walleyes went shallow and it was fairly easy pickings. Jig and minnows dominated but we caught fish rigging, bobber fishing and pulling cranks shallow (5 fow)as the sun set.

I’ll attach a few pics of the kind of fish you can expect on OT.

Fun trip and I look forward to our next stay at Vacationland resort. Thanks Trev, Patty, Haley and Drew!

Kurt and Karen

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nice job Kurt! We did well on our lake in Ashby to. Man your looking old!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Thx for coming up Kurt…always enjoy having you here.

Maybe next time up we can arrange for Chappy to tailpipe you so he can tangle with some OT walleyes….

Chappy…you must be puttin’ a hurtin’ on those fry they dumped in eh?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Thx for coming up Kurt…always enjoy having you here.

Maybe next time up we can arrange for Chappy to tailpipe you so he can tangle with some OT walleyes….

Chappy…you must be puttin’ a hurtin’ on those fry they dumped in eh?

Oh..Snap! Actually…..We’ve been catching 16-19″ ers. Perfect for me. With a bonus LM bass in there…The last 2 we caught have been 3.94# and a 4.10# 2 weeks ago.

And my Yamaha 90 won’t keep up with the Ranger of his. I’m smarter than that!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

No Ranger right now….I think you’d do just fine keeping up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.