Ottertail Report 05-30 to 06-01

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Made my first trip ever to Ottertail, we stayed and Vacationland Resort and Trevor took good care of us. Fishing was pretty good, weather not so much, wind, rain and cold, I wore raingear the whole 3 days and even needed to bust out the stocking hat in 30 mile an hour winds on Saturday with the cold front that moved through. Now on to the fishing, first time on the lake for most of our group but we found fish hanging right on the edge of the steep drop offs and I mean steep. Caught most of our fish in 16 to 22 feet of water on Shiners, jig or rigs. Most fish in the 13-16 inch size range (perfect eaters)but did get some over 20, also a lot of small perch but a few big enough as well. Very interesting lake, did not get to see as much of it as I would have liked so maybe I’ll have to go back in the future.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Thanks Chris for getting your group up here to try OT. You guys did VERY well considering the conditions plus the fact that most of you had never seen the lake before. Hope you guys can make it back sometime.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.