Let’s talk fishin!

• rocketman

OK, the ice is now gone…. Now, let’s talk some crappie fishin. I see there was a boat out on Long Lake this AM. I am planning to go Sunday.
    If you were me, where is the first place to give a try?
    Help the “newguy” out.

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Some area early season classic crappie production lakes include Sallie (spillway area), Pelican (Stroms/Kohler resort bay), Grahm/Wimmer Lake (by Frazee, roadway between lakes), Big Toad, Island (north mud weedlines),Cotton lake (east bay of island), Rock/Rice, Cormorant (two main east shore bays)…lots of the Lake Park area shallow lakes. This should give you lots of options. Check with John at Quality for tips on current hot bites.

rocketman

Whats it gonna take to wake this forum UP!
    It is only 17 days till opener, then we will all be way too busy to get info out.
    I was out on Big C and Little C Sunday.
    Big C was a thrill to behold with 4 footers. No fish taken to the boat.
    Got over to Little C too late. But did manage a few. 1 bass 1 hammer handle 1nice crappie, couple of blue gills and last but certainly not least, a good .75lb bullhead.
    Next stop may be Acorn.
    Water temps were seen between 55 and 57 in 2 to 4′ of water. Windy and cold air temps around 50, but still great to get out and feel the water and hear the hum of my Honda!
    Brian

rocketman

Spent Saturday on Long Lake (Becker) and Sunday on Sally. Water temps are only lower 50’s. 1 lgmouth bass and 1 slabber crappie. The bite is slow.Should see better action as the temps rise.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks for the update. I’ll be heading up to OTC for the opener. Can’t wait!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.