Quick trip report to OT/Reno

• fish509
    St. Michael

So Sunday afternoon, “I TRY HARD” and I hit the road with boat, will travel. We were enroute to Otter Tail and got a hot bite tip on Lake Reno just north of Glenwood. The tip was jig n a minnow and then pull plugs after dark. Well, three hours into it, two walleyes and a couple of nice perch. Loaded the boat and set off for OT.

Put on OT at 10:30 PM and got off around 2. Pulled plugs on the inside of the weeds. It took a while to find the right color, but Tennessee Shad finally put a few fish in the boat. It wasn’t exactly fast action, but we managed to put a dozen or so in the boat. Nothing big, 19.5 was the biggest.

We must’ve had 12-15 colors and different stick baits out til we found something that worked.

Monday we went out for a couple of hours and caught one small fish. We were told that 30 fow with rainbow’s on a rig were going pretty well.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Also fished Ottertail this weekend. It was my first time. We stayed at Vacationland Resort and was treated nicely by Trevor. Our Success was average. The walleyes we did catch were beautiful fat 18 plus fish. We just struggled with the location. I need some more seat time to figure that one out.
    You can be on an edge in a flat at 6′ and 2 seconds later be in 30 ‘ of water. Truly different than I am accustumed to, but enjoyed the lake. Oh, I only live 30 miles away and it was my first. Maybe I need to fish more!!!!!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

That you Kent? You’ll get used to OT…it fishes big despite only being 13,000 acres. The breaks, humps, bumps and holes expose quite a challenge, especially your first time here. Glad you were able to get a few to make it somewhat productive.

I gave your name to a gentlemen yesterday that was looking to get some rip-rap done this fall. He’s on Ten Mile over by Dalton.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.