Woman Lake

• ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

New to the Lake. Any pointers on where to start? Walleyes preferred, but will need action for the Kids. Thanks, EJ

schnauzer
    Minnetrista, MN

I didn’t see your post until today. In a nutshell… fish at night. You can give ‘er a try during the day. Good fishermen find the walleyes during the day. I’ve had some luck in the daylight hours but I have done well at night, and I have done fantastic when I have fished the wee hours (2-5). It is a pattern that has progressed over several years of fishing Woman Lake.

During the day, try live bait in deeper depths, at night switch to slip bobbers or better yet, cranks and troll the shallow 7′ depths. It has worked for me. Hot spots has a good map and use it to narrow down the structure you want to fish. There is lots and lots of structure for a 5,000 acre lake.

Don Hanson

Check out the point just northwest of Hunters bay. Good depth change and weeds! I had good success here on eyes and decent sized pike. Pretty clear water so we were Lindy rigging with long snells, 7 to 8 ft.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.