working on the ice

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

With the temps in the high 20s and a lite wind today is one of those days to be on the lAke all day . Looking forward to hitting the lake in about 10 minutes as bob and his crew roll in at 7am.
    Then the big job of the day is taking minesotta off its blocking and hitting the ice. I prefished a spot yesterday and was happy with what i saw and caught. The heats on and will be on until that house comes off the lake.The sweety will be happy as its her favorit and she plans on useing more this year then any other.Time will tell

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

cookie do you still have around 15inches of ice or is there more by now and are they allowing lite trucks out i am going to try to get to millacs next week but if the conditions are not favorable i might spend the extra cash and make a run to red.

cookie

The ice is in great shape and they are allowing vechicles on the lake.

cookie

Did some scoutting yesterday and drove sw until I hit the rough ice,Every hole I popped had over 14 inches of solid clear ice. The broken ice field was amazing looking and going northwest from there is out of the question. There was one slab of ice over a foot thick that refroze in to the perfect launch ramp. hate to hit that going the other way as I think it would stop you in your tracks. I bet a sled could go a aeasy 30 feet if not more. If you hit it with just one side you could do the mustang daredeviks and get her up on two wheels or even roll you vechicle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.