Rainy River info??

• col._klink
    St Paul

Having a hard time finding any info on the bite up there. I have the weekend off and thinking really hard about heading up this weekend. Any info would be awesomely helpful!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This is most likely the last day of travel on Four Mile Bay…it’s getting pretty slushy in the bay. The Rainy River is open half the way between Baudette and Clementson…slowly but surly…we love it! ~JP of The Wigwam Resort

Thought I would give an update from the other end.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Talked to one of the resort managers up there this evening. He said 6 miles to wheelers point. 50 degree temps the next few days. I could see the landing there opening up this weekend or early next week.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Bite is slow for all, not what it should be for eyes, current is slow with an uncontroled drift speed of right around .7. Water has been rising slowly since Saturday but is still low!! Dispite that the forks are still holding the clarity has gone from nearly 4 ft on Saturday to barly over a foot yesterday fornoon. We fished for 6.5 hours yesterday and ended with 13 eyes 1 sauger, 2 pike and a sturgon, biggest eye was 27 with only one other eye breakin 20. On a positive note the sturgon are on fire!!

turk802
    Twin Cities

Do you think it will turn to chocolate milk by the weekend? Been there, done that….
    Turk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.