SPORTSMAN’S SLEEPERS

• has
    Hudson, WI

Thinking about taking the wife up there next weekend, they have a February Wife’s special, $62 a day. I’ve rented out of River bend before, not a real nice shack, but it was just the guys.

How are Sportsman’s shacks? Do they move them often? Is there a bathroom atttached?

I’ve also got got a Sleeper Shack rented in March out of Ballards. Anyone have any thought on Ballards?

Thanks for any info.

col._klink
    St Paul

Busy place!

I stay here http://www.walleyeretreat.com smaller place and they are able to give a guy more attention. And pete will move you until you find fish!

$65 a night per person all the time! check em out :toast

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Busy place!

I stay here http://www.walleyeretreat.com smaller place and they are able to give a guy more attention. And pete will move you until you find fish!

$65 a night per person all the time! check em out :toast

X2 – I’ve also stayed several times at Walleye retreat. Pete does a excellent job of keeping people on fish.

col._klink
    St Paul

Headin up to walleye retreat the last weekend in Feb. hoping we can lay the on some eaters! Hitting Red first for a couple days cant wait!!!

has
    Hudson, WI

I just talked to the owner of Walleye-Retreat. He said they were only out a couple miles and the fishing was real slow.

Not sure what to look for. Last year was our first year at LOW and we rented a Sleeper out on the Reefs, 26 miles out. Just absolutly killed the fish. Want to make sure the wife has fun and catches a bunch of fish.

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

I have been out in Sportsman’s sleepers 2X Caught limits of eaters both times. Staff came by several times a day to see if you needed minnows ect. The lay out is double deck bunks on each side of an open shack. Potty is out side hanging on the side of the shack. The ones we stayed in were nearly new and in excellent shape. Let us know what you catch.

taz
    Frederic wi

Hey Has the bite can be a bit on the slow side this time of year. If your looking for more action i would head out to the reefs. Im not saying you cant have a good bite 3 to 4 miles out im just saying if your looking for a bunch of fish this time of year your better bet is heading out the 26 miles to the reefs. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    The hot baits for me this year up there have been glow red flyer spoons,gold flyer spoons, glow red chubby darter#4 3/16oz also gold darter same size and glow red stop sign

Jackofallspecies
    Andover, MN

I’m thinking of the the same thing for my wife -so thanks for the great thread and info. I know that the bite normally dies down quick here after sundown, but has anyone experienced an eelpout bite or anything else that would warrant the lines being down in the evening?

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

If you are in the house anyways….keep them down! You never know. I had a 16″ sauger last week well after dark. A good night bite would consist of a few fish coming up the hole. I wouldn’t fish hard. Save your motivation for the day bite.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

it depends on where your sleeper is set up. i went out of er wheelers last winter and they had there sleeper shacks set up shallow. we were in 17 fow. the bite kicked in around 230 and we caught our last walleye at 930. and then the ellpout started up and bit all night long. very fun time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.