Baudette in early June

• ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I have a business trip that will bring me to Baudette next week. So of course I am planning a little time for fishing…

I’ve only been to LOW in the winter, and am looking for advice.

Where: Main Lake or in the river?

How: Trolling, rigging or jigging?

Anything else?

Thanks for your help.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

We have always done extremely well for eaters rigging in the Lighthouse and Morris Point Gaps in June. An occasional bigger fish, but serious numbers of 16-20″ers.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

At that time, you’ll find a few boats still pulling spinner/minnow combos or lindy rigging in 4-mile bay. Most of the boats, though, will have started hitting the gaps and the area just over Pine Island. This year, you’ll probably find an overwhelming number of what I call “tackle busters”, fish in the 7 to 11 inch range, so bring A LOT of bait. There is a very good population of fish in the upper teens that will be caught there also. Let us know how you do!

Mark

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Fished Morris Point Gap Monday and Tuesday eveing. Consistantly caught fish in 14-9 feet. Drifting into shore with a slip sinker and floater on a 5′ snell. Fat’s out produced leaches 5:1.

Tried trolling and picked up a few on a #5 perch shad rap.

You are right about the 7-11″ fish. At least it keeps your interest up. We caught a good number of eaters, and released 3 large eyes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.