Buffalo Bay

• Anonymous

WOndering If I am the only one in SE MN that fishes the big bay in MArch?

Any reports? Ice, the bite? The big Jacks starting to show themselves yet?

I’ll be up there in 2 and a half weeks. A lot can and will change by then, but what the heck eh?

Ji mW

upnorth

Expect a lot of ice. We were out of Zipple bay last weekend and definetely needed the extension.

Good luck.

Anonymous

recently heard that there is a good jumbo bite on during the day with a few trophy jacks showing up.

ANyone with snow cover , pressure ridge reports? Hoping to drive out to a few spots this year.

Anonymous

When are you planning on going up? I will get a report for you, I know a few different people who were up that way over the last few weekends, I will try to get you some info this week yet.

Anonymous

Hey Sean,

I will be drilling my first hole by 1:47pm Wednesday the 19th of MArch!!!! Sounds like there isn;t a lot of snow cover and the
    ice is very thick. I have the Lazer 3000, which has a longer shaft, but not so sure I’ll get through this year or not??

Thanks for offering info!!!!

Jim W

Anonymous

Yep there is plenty of ice, You will most likely want that auger extension, unless things change around here drastically over the next two weeks.
    As for the fishing, its been consistently good over the last week or so. From what I’m hearing the eye bite is out about 4.5 miles and there is good numbers and size coming from this area. The pike action sounds like it is heating up as well. Two different groups told me that they iced fish upto 10 lbs with one pushing 37 inches. It should be a good trip for you.
    Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Just returned from Buffalo Bay on LOW.

The first day and half fishng was very good, then those very high blue skies came to be, turning things South!

I managed the largest Jack(Northern) of my life a whopping 43 incher with a 21 inch girth! We caught numerous large Northerns!
    A 39 1/2 and a 39 inher were the next n size with a couple 37’s and numerous 34-35 inchers.

My best walleye for the trip was only 23 inches and for our group a 27 incher. A lot of our big northerns came on jigging rods!

There was 44 inches of ice on the Bay as of Saturday! Thankg God I brought an extension!!!!

Jim W

minneman

Jim, I had a couple a buds up there last weekend, and 40″ was their best, they fished north of birch pt. a mile or so, care to share where you had luck? looking for new locations for next year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.