Spring IS here

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Robins in the yard, Snows and Blues flying over the house, Thunder storm Saturday morning, and this morning I had night crawlers on the driveway. Most of our lakes are now ready for open water fishing

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Send them up this way! Still snow on the ground here!

Although the tallest snow pile is down to just over F-150 cab high.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

We saw our first robin here in the yard Sunday morning and most of our snow is gone as well

Not liking the rain in the forecast though.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I dug up to transplant my antique strain of lillies and also seen the crawlers, nice big and fat ones. Drove by the dam yesterday and a couple guys were fishing with poles and you have too look hard to find any remaining piles of snow here too. I also seen afew flocks of snows and blues flying, a couple hundred in one flock. Also seen a flock of Canadians a few dys ago going over that weren’t local geese. Its supposed to hit 65 here today. It rained alot night befor last, all night in fact and into the morning with thunder and lightning, it poured at times and big drops. I was in the greenhouse and it sounded like someone was hitting the fiberglass roof with sticks it was so loud.

bigpike

Quote:

Send them up this way! Still snow on the ground here!

Although the tallest snow pile is down to just over F-150 cab high.

BK change your location from Lakeland to Snowland…

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I hope the next 237 days fly by….come on winter

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Bret,

I still got 20 + inches of ice on my local lake.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The perch was taken yesterday a little over 14inches. I hope to have a report out tonight. I had to wade to get back to shore. My ice season is over around here

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I drove around the Oconomowoc Lakes area this morning. The river system has some open water on them. Won’t be long with more rain

herb
    6ft under

Turkey buzzards have been back for better than a week, killed 3 moles in the yard so far, and brought home 21 channel cats saturday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Instead of limiting out on channels you ate the moles?

herb
    6ft under

No limit on either down here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Heard my first robin singing for the ladies this morning. Yes, I have heard them chirping through the winter, but this was that crack of dawn love call. You know the one that soon dozens robins will be singing at the same time, at the crack of dawn in a beautiful aviary opera.

I also saw a moth hit the kitchen window last night.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.