**Quick Thinking**

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The other night I was invited out for a night with the guys. I told my wife that I would be home by midnight, “I promise”! Well, the hours passed and the shots went down way too easily… Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my wife would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with her. Even when totally smashed… 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals = 12 Cuckoos (MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning my wife asked me what time I got in, I told her “MIDNIGHT.” She didn’t seem mad at all…

Whew, I got away with that one! Then she said “We need a new cuckoo clock.”

When I asked her why, she said, ‘ Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said ‘ oh [censored] ‘ Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

And did you learn anything?

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Seems I never stay out late at night any longer as I was always late and the cuckoo.

I never had a good excuse and I think I tried them all.

Now, I must be getting older as I am rarely out past 11.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

You just made me fall out of my chair.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Even my wife smiled and she is a tough one to get to laugh at jokes.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Quote:

WAY TO FUNNY

x2!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.