Ford “Eco-Boost”

• huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I believe this was brought up a while back, is anybody running a 2011 F150, with the new “Eco-Boost”? Looking for any opinions.

Thanks

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Think my friend picks is up tomorrow!!!!

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I’ve been asking the same question and haven’t received a lot of good feed back. Found the following on another web site hope it helps:

Hopefully I can help you out a little here. I have had 5 F-150’s between ’05-’09 with the 5.4 engine and would absolutely agree with what others have said…Great truck, so-so engine mileage-wise. Two days ago I picked up a new F-150 with the EcoBoost engine and immediately hit the highway on my way to Denver.

First impressions compared to the previous 5.4L:

Power: There is absolutely no comparison, the little EcoBoost absolutely blows the doors off the 5.4. What’s nice too is the nearly all the torque is available at very low RPM’s. With the 6 speed auto I felt that the 5.4 hunted around through the gears alot but this engine lugs down very impressively, it really feels like a diesel in that respect. I can’t wait to hook on to a trailer and see what it’ll do…I have no doubt that this thing’s gonna pull great.

Gas Mileage: Still checking but definitely better. I left Lexington, NE with just a few miles on the truck and headed west on I-80 with the cruise set on 80 mph. Initially I was a little disappointed as it started off at 12.5 mpg’s but got progressively better and by the time I got to the outskirts of Denver the avg was 19…probably 4-5 mpg’s better than what my 5.4’s got at that same speed. Once I hit the outskirts of Denver and 65 mph speed limit I reset the gas computer thing and was really surprised at what I saw (didn’t do the real deal of filling up and using calculator). Combination of freeway all the way to downtown hotel the avg said 26.3! Now I’m not saying I really believe that but it appears to get great mileage in city driving conditions. On the way back today I got a combined average of 19.5 with a little east headwind. Time will tell but it’s certainly gonna be significantly better mileage than the 5.4. One problem though is that this thing is actually fun to drive and it’s hard to keep your foot out of it!

Longevity: Who knows! Mike Rowe does a good job of selling it on the Ford website but I guess time will tell. I’m dumb enough to try anything once and I really hope this is the real deal.

Jake_A

Its a ford….

I wish I knew a little more too

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Quote:

Its a ford….

I wish I knew a little more too

This may be tooooo many newbies for me. I have never bought a NEW truck, and I am not sure about being one of Ford’s new guinea pigs!!

Any idea where to find more info, Maybe google can tell me something!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.