Weedless Super Doos?

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Does anyone have a method that they use to rig a super doo weedless? I fish a lot of weedy/slop areas for bass, and would like to give theses baits a try. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve texas rigged these baits on smaller sized wide gap hooks with good success. Or just put them on a weedless head and work the that way.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I have a couple of different mepps timber doodles that are weedless when you add some kind of plastic. have you tried this type of combination. I have had success using this method, but most of the fish that i have caught using this method has been in the thick mill foil and heavy lilly pads.

thanks

shane

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

How about the Weedless Super Doo jig from B-Fishn-Tackle? Talk about a sharp hook!

Super Doo Jig

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

How about the Weedless Super Doo jig from B-Fishn-Tackle? Talk about a sharp hook!

You are right about that Jon. Those are some incredibly sharp hooks. Overall, it’s fantastic head design.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

That looks like a winner! I’ll have to order some of those up too! Which size do you prefer for Super doos?

Thanks,

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I prefer 1/8 & 1/4oz heads. I guess it just depends on how you want to fish them.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

they work great for tubes also
    i remove the weed guards

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

The Super Doo is a Bass bait that we Walleye fisherman have been using to catch Big Sauger and walleye for years.
    B-fish-N tackle sells a great weedless jig to fish them in the trees.
    They work great SHHHHHHush!!!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

You know Vandy…I have thought of trying them during high water also… Do you find the rate of hook ups decrease? A guy would sure lose less jigs in the logs and trees.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

You might want to check out the Nuckle BAll Bass’N Jigs you can hook all the Nuckle Ball Jigs WEEDLESS.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

B Fish N Tackle just put these heads on sale for $2.49 / 10 pack. Normally they’re nearly $6 for 10 ct. Pretty good deal.

Weedless Super Doo Heads On Sale – $2.49

Quote:

they work great for tubes also
    i remove the weed guards

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If I’d have known that, I’d have ordered more. They weren’t on sale when I placed my order yesterday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.