Alexandria Ice Fishing Tourney- ZERO fish caught

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’m wondering if any of you were there? 3000-4000 people expected, Nice day, NO FISH. Not a single fish caught or registered. It looks like they will be applying the over $40,000 in awards to next years tourney.

That’s what I call…. a BUST

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Massive winter kill?

arklite881south

Couldn’t they hand out awards for the biggest bite or the most marked fish. OUCH!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Winter kill was my original thought. But my dad was out there and said that he did have a monster bar show up and hang out for about 15 seconds.. And a guy about 20 feet from them had a small pike up to his hole and it got off! If he knew at the time it was 10k swimming away he probly woulda jumped in with him.

deertracker

It is considered a trophy bass lake and fish trap had their championship a few years ago on the lake its conected to. I think one of the problems was that there were no weeds in the contest. It was all a fish bowl with mud bottom. People fish all summer long off the dock close to the fishing area and do well.
    DT

joejingle
    Iowa, sometimes Arkansas

That would of been great to be the only fish turned in. would of won 1st 2nd 3rd etc. show me the Money

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

What lake was it on?

No fish. Hmmmmm

dog

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Not a Catch at Alexandria Ice Fishing Tournament
    Updated: Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 2:29 PM CST
    Published : Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 2:28 PM CST

by Leif Knutson / FOX 9 News

ALEXANDRIA, Minn. – An Alexandria, Minn. ice fishing tournament ended without a single catch last weekend…and left participants without any of the $61,000 in prize money.

Officials of the 11th Alexandria Ice Fishing Challenge on Lake Agnes say none of the 2,000 participants landed a fish, reports the Alexandria Echo Press. The purse will be parlayed into next year’s tournament.

The tournament committee plans on hosting next year’s festivities on a new lake.

Not all attendees went home empty handed, as $10 raffle tickets yielded more than $10,000 in cash and prizes. The raffle tickets were separately sold from the $35 tournament entry fee.

figured it out….

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

I’m wondering if any of you were there? 3000-4000 people expected, Nice day, NO FISH. Not a single fish caught or registered. It looks like they will be applying the over $40,000 in awards to next years tourney.

That’s what I call…. a BUST

I wasn’t there, but I did hear about it. Like Deertracker said, the tourney was held in a poor location of the lake. Not that the lake is very good to begin with, but I think a differnt location on the lake would have made all the difference. It sounds like the money will be added to next years prizes so hopfully that helps the turnout after this less than spectacular year. I hope next year they do a little more research on the lake they choose. I wonder who they could ask

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.