Cam Newton

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Will be another STUD college qb BUST in the NFL. Anyone want to bet a house on it?

However, Auburn’s Nick Fairley (D Tackle) will be MONSTER with a quick impact in the NFL.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

With the money he made in college, I think he already has a house.

I agree on the D tackle, he’d look good in purple!!

ET

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I can’t believe that Andrew Luck is not comming out of college. You could be costing himself big $$$. I remember when Matt Leinart went back one more year and slid from most likely the #1 pick to 10th the next year. Will a lockout possible next year who knows what might happen if he stays in school one more year. college purpose is to help you earn more money in the future. This kids career is Football and I don’t see what one more year in college will help him.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I wonder if he will qualify for unemployment pay for taking the pay cut from Auburn to the Pro’s?

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I would say, now he doesn’t have to go to classes… but that would be redundent..

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

One thing Newton has going for him as that his mechanics are fairly decent. His accuracy, now that’s a different story. He has a chance to be alright if given time to develop behind a veteran, but with the Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco success, QB’s are expected to learn on the fly out of the gate. I wouldn’t bet anything on Newton being successful. As far as Fairley goes I definitely believe he would look much better in Green and Gold. That guy’s going to be about as inmpactful as Sue if he has a motor.

Man I’m going to miss football season when it is over!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

I can’t believe that Andrew Luck is not comming out of college. You could be costing himself big $$$. I remember when Matt Leinart went back one more year and slid from most likely the #1 pick to 10th the next year. Will a lockout possible next year who knows what might happen if he stays in school one more year. college purpose is to help you earn more money in the future. This kids career is Football and I don’t see what one more year in college will help him.

The lockout would be this year for him. So he is better off staying in school if that’s what he wants to do. His family will take out a insurance policy against a career ending injury.

Can’t think of a scenario where he won’t make more money with his signing bonus then I will make in 2 lifetimes. You don’t need to worry about him. He won’t be on welfare anytime soon.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

ET

I don’t see how the kid drops to us, but if he is available, we would be stupid not to pick him up.

mduffy1969

Quote:

ET

Fairly is a beast! I think Cam Newton would look good in purple! Go Pack!!!!!!!!!!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

The lockout isn’t the thing Luck should worry about!!! The rookie salary cap should be more of a concern. I think it will be in the next CBA and that will effect him by “millions” Of course maybe he figures his Stanford degree is worth something…..kinda unusual for a talented athlete

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

His family will take out a insurance policy against a career ending injury.

Who do you think will really end up paying for the insurance policy?

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

I bet he wont make an impact right away but give him a couple years and i think he could. He kinda reminds me of another jamarcus russel though..a D-Tackle trying to play QB

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

His family will take out a insurance policy against a career ending injury.

Who do you think will really end up paying for the insurance policy?

Won’t matter who pays. The NCAA doesn’t have any rules against insurance policies. At least I don’t think they do. His family is far from poor. This wouldn’t be a case of a booster sliding money under the table. I don’t agree with him going back. But it is his choice and I can’t really see much downside. He will be very rich when he does come out to the NFL.

Jamarcus Russell wasn’t all that good at LSU. Big arm, little brain. I don’t see Newton being a star in the NFL. He doesn’t seem to have the drive to be a big time star. I think he will just be happy getting paid.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Will be another STUD college qb BUST in the NFL.

Yes. Not a pocket qb. Not good at progressions.

hnd

cam newton will be fine in the nfl. he’s not a basket case like russell and young. he’s more comparable to a young donovan mcnabb. strong arm, good pocket presence, runs at the right time. mcnabb got drafted into a good coaching staff for qbs. vince young did too but his mechanics are terrible and he a sluffoff. russell had the raw talent but didn’t care.

if he goes in with a workaholic attitude i think he’ll be fine.

andrew luck staying in college is fine. he’ll be the #1 pick. when was the last time a kid who was guaranteed #1 pick got hurt when he stayed? qb’s dont’ generally sustain career ending injuries in college. so even if not #1 he won’t be hurting for cash. some things are just more important than the almighty dollar. his family is loaded anyway.

leinart was unlucky. the next year saw a huge draft class come into the picture and only 1 of the teams with a top pick needed to address qb issues and they mistakably took vince young.

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

Quote:

With the money he made in college, I think he already has a house.

ET

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Thats funny can they get a tutor in the nfl so he can read the playbook or is it a picture book with lots of green

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.