Mississippi River or Wisconsin lakes?

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

Are there any sites that have Miss. river depth charts/info or Wisconsin lakes info? I seen stuff about Minnesota’s water info, just wondering about WI info.
    Thanks,

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Wisconsin DNR site.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Wisconsin DNR site.

Exactly, same great info as the MNDNR site, not quite as easy to navigate as MN’s is

seeds
    SE WI

http://www.umesc.usgs.gov/aquatic/bathymetry/viewable.html

(edit) DNR site for lakes but manny have not been mapped since the 50’s. I know that the DNR maps to most of the lakes I usually fish are practically worthless for anything more than a broad overview.

Google earth for sat. photos – it often gives a very good idea of shallower water areas,weeds,etc.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Try lake link.com

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

If you have a droid by any chance, download the $13 dollar Navionics app…I was absolutely amazed. Justin downloaded it before our trip to Mille Lacs last week. Before we found that we were concerned as we did not have a gps. That thing was every bit as good as a gps with the lakemaster chip. I held it in my hand, drove right to the contours we were interested in, drilled, and it was spot on. It has some great maps of pool 8, 7, and a couple other pools including pool 4 and lake pepin..basically, it has all the maps that you would find on the navionics north chip. Otherwise I have not found many maps of the river that I like. The bathymetry maps are the best I’ve seen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.