Lake Info

• walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

Maybe you guys can help me out or maybe im just blind and cant find the information online myself. Do any of you guys know whether Wisconsin or North/South Dakota have lake surveys similar to what the MN DNR has on their website as far as gill nets, surveys, etc.
    I found some stuff on the Wisconsin DNR page but it was in a paper format without cold hard numbers.

Charles Schmidtbauer

lhprop1
    Eagan

I don’t know about ND, but in my past research I’ve found that WI and SD are sorely lacking on lake information and maps in comparison to Minnesota.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not aware of any info like that for SD.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Wi DNR definitely has something similar. You’ll find it on their website. This will get you started but they have more info. http://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/maps/

chomps
    Sioux City IA

South Dakota has a ring binder book which you have to buy, it’s out in the truck. A buddy loaned it to me and seeing what is all in there, I know I need one. I also used the SD Lakemaster lake chip and for the lakes in HD the contours help out a ton.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

sorry suzuki…im looking for the lake maps per say, but the gill net surveys…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

sorry suzuki…im looking for the lake maps per say, but the gill net surveys…

Most of the netting will be the fyke nets or shocking methods. I search the lake name in the general search box on the DNR site and its usually there in the results. WI is rolling out their new re-designed website and i haven’t played on there much yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.