He’s baaaaack … maybe

• illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

the king of the drama queens just couldnt pass up one more chance in the spotlight. the booyahs are jumping for joy, then again, they probably staged the whole thing.

MINNEAPOLIS — What would a day in Vikings Land be without a little Brett Favre drama?

We don’t yet know if Favre will play Monday night when the Vikings host the Bears at TCF Bank Stadium. But we know there will be Favre drama.

Favre on Monday was unexpectedly upgraded on the injury report from out to questionable. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports Favre will test his sore right shoulder a few hours before game time to see if he can throw. On Saturday, Favre was ruled out because he was experiencing numbness in his right hand.
    Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman told Vikings.com that Favre “attempted to throw the football two days ago and was unable to, due to pain in the SC joint and residual numbness from a brachial plexus injury. He declared himself out at that time. He woke up this morning feeling much improved. His symptoms and function have improved dramatically over the past 24 hours. In fairness to him and his team, he would like to be given the opportunity to play tonight if physically able.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Associated Press there is nothing in the rules that prevents a team from changing a player’s injury report designation.

“If a player’s medical status changes during the course of the week, the club must update his playing status accordingly prior to the game,” Aiello said. “That is what the Vikings did when Brett’s status changed today.”

big_g
    Isle, MN

it’s only drama if you make it…. yep, your making it drama.

big G

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

I am not making the news. just reporting it.

desperado

I just calls ’em as I sees ’em.

Favre: sit out training camp and wait to last minute to announce whether he will come back to play at all

Moss: more distraction than contribution

Harvin and Childress: dispute ON the FIELD

How else could we describe this season’s antics?

When I see Favre, I now see someone qualified for a career on Broadway (welll, OK . . . maybe VaudeVille; since J Namath holds claim to the whole Broadway reference)

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

oh for crying out loud, now I got to tape the thing… I figured on just listening to it on the way back from reffing my boys bball game up in Ironwood tonight.

Mark

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

You all sure we just haven’t tied into one of them reality shows and all this is just a illusion put on by the networks???

Anything for ratings, that would be both farve and the queens btw

Al

big_g
    Isle, MN

You guys better not play fantasy football…. you would be overwhelmed with all the “drama” that unfolds during the week, with all the players listed as Out, Questionable, Game Time decision, Susp and the likes. More than Favre and the Vikings go through this…

desperado

If anything “fantasy” includes anything resembling an NFL player,
    it better also include a fantasy role of the slutty cheerleader.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’m on the edge of my seat tonight. My opponent has AP in our league. He scores 16 points and I am out of the championship game

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

“Hey Brett, Roger Goodell here. Um, big game tonight. A real ratings bonanza. You know how we get bigger ratings? You trot out and start winging it. By the way, that Sterger thing. It goes away if you start the game tonight

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Good Luck SteveO!!

desperado

Broadway Joe . . .

. . . meet Vaudeville Brett

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I’m on the edge of my seat tonight. My opponent has AP in our league. He scores 16 points and I am out of the championship game

I got him and Sidney in another league, along with Johnny Knox, I need 27 total from them 3… for the “W”.. to get to the championship….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Quote:

I got him and Sidney in another league, along with Johnny Knox, I need 27 total from them 3… for the “W”.. to get to the championship….

AP is not playing tonight.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I heard that… more “drama”… put up Hester instead… we will see…

big G

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Back on the sidelines now, and I think it’s for good.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Back on the sidelines now, and I think it’s for good.

That’s what they said last time….

On a lighter note….. Knox and Hester helped me to the championship

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Big G — I resemble that remark… .. the Chicago D and special teams put me in my championship on my FF league….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.