Heating coil help

• jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Plumbers, I need your help fast. I installed a new steam coil in one of my classrooms last night(uni-vent). Functioned well but this morning the smell coming off the new coil from the manufacter is pretty bad. Any solutions I could mix up to spray on the heated coil to knock this down or just give it awhile to burn off?
    Tearing it out is not an option at this point with below 0 temps. The teach sprayed the class with deodorizer but it now smells like a flower at jiffy lube Any suggestions appreciated

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not much help on this Jeff. Spray a little buck stop on it and they will soon forget about the oil smell.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

I’ll try it, school would close = maintenance man gone fishin

KirtH
    Lakeville

Is this the first time on? If so it probably the oil or pipe dope from the manufacturing process and installation, I would suspect it will go away, steam is extremely hot.

IOWABOY

open all the windows in the school for a couple of days. The smell should go away within 1 to 2 years.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Is this the first time on? If so it probably the oil or pipe dope from the manufacturing process and installation, I would suspect it will go away, steam is extremely hot.

Yep, new out of the crate. Hindsight 20-20 thing but should have pressure washed it first. Live and learn.

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

It will go away, fastest way I know is turn the heat WAY up in the room and let it run for a LONG time. being it’s a steam coil you are limited on the heat that can be put to it and it will take time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.