Lowe boats

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I found a new non current 17 ft. Online research shows them to be good rigs. Any personal experiences here?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’ve been fishing out of a 17′ Lowe Backtroller for the last 2 seasons and I gotta admit I kind of like it. It handles the biggest of waves from cruisers on the Croix with no problems at all and if I hit ’em just right I dont need to slow down much if at all. The hull seems pretty strong and it’s a nice Deep V that trolls nicely. It has a built in fuel tank. The only reel problem with the boat is it’s not mine

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

It seems much deeper than my wetliner. Smaller front casting deck but seems like it’s wider too

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

The one I use does’nt have a casting deck at all, which is kind of nice. It’s just a big roomy tub to fish out of, lot’s of floor space and a huge livewell. I suppose the casting deck was probably more for battery storage for the bowmount. Really they are’nt a bad boat. I have’nt found anything bad to say about it yet, in fact I have looked at a few the have been for sale on the internet myself

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

This boat is s/c, 90 horse 4 stroke Merc. Stereo. It’s pretty much ready to go. Lowe apparently is owned by Brunswick so it’s s sister company of c liner, Lund, etc. I think I may look a little closer

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

if it means anything to you, i have a 1652 lowe olympic jon that i use for duck hunting, and that thing has been put through hell and back, and still doesn’t leak a drop.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

I have a Lowe FM 175, its a single console wide, deep boat. It is powered by a 90 hp. 2 stroke with a 9.9 4 stroke merc. kicker. I love this boat. When Im putting it in the water many times people comment on how wide it is. Ive had 2 lunds before and this is as good as they are. The boat before this one was a 1660 pro v. Both good boats but now own a Lowe.

hodge91
    La Crosse WI

I also owned a 175 FM with a 90 Yamaha, was a great boat with lots of room, dry ride. Sides will catch wind when drifting and mine came short on trolling motor power (55 pound) I went up to a 80 pound Maxxum, and upgrade of electronics. Trailered well also.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hodge,
    This has a 70 lb bow mount troller. That’s a plus. Thanks guys for the feedback

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.