Humminbird problem

• get_hooked
    Dundee, Wi

My locator starts showing me all different kinds of depth. It will work just fine, then an hour later the depth just starts going crazy. Anyone got any clue to whats happening? Could my transducer be going bad?, is that a symptom? Its a 580 gps model. everthing else works fine. The graph dont go crazy, just the depth readings.

mojogunter

I had a transducer go bad on my humminbird this summer. I have SI so I have two transducers. One that I shoot through the hull, and the other on the transom for the SI. I had the problem with the one through the hull. It would work for about an hour, and then I would lose the depth. The next time out the same thing. It worked fine for about an hour then no depth. This time I swapped the transducer with the SI to see if it worked with that transducer, and it did, so I knew then it was for sure a bad transducer.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Had this happen to my HB… but mine wasn’t a bad transducer. The transducer needed a little tuning which cured the problem. If the transducer is pointing too far fore or aft I think it might induce this problem of the jumpy depth reading.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.