Costa Del Mar help

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Looking for frame rec., bigger frame size. Also a good lense color rec.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Do you need an excuse to see Dean?

I’m not sure what he has in stock today, but I’m sure he’ll fix you up with what’s all the rage in the Bass fishing circles.

Just here to help Kirt!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

After trying on a dozen or so different frames I settled on the Fathom. I went with the 580 glass lenses in smoke. Mine are perscription and should be arriving any day for my final evaluation.

I tried different frames on several different trips to Bass Pro before deciding on the Fathoms. I recomend finding a store where you can try several differnt frames on.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

+1 for Fathoms / 580 Polycarbonate (green mirror). Recently had friend accidently step on them and shatter a lens. Sent them back for repair. Ask for possible upgrade to 580 glass, but didn’t happen. Did get a brand new pair of identical glasses in about 2 weeks though. Great customer service. ($80 to replace, better than $180 to replace). Would like to get the 580 glass, but waiting til I need another pair.

stevenoak

All our mellons are different.I aggree to find large stock and try all styles.What fit one may not fit another.On color I fish with my eye doctor,he recomends the brown lenses for eye protection.They also work well seeing in the water.With Glacoma in my family protection was tops on my list.Another color may suit your needs better.He let me test drive before I bought my MJ’s.Heard nothing but good about Costa’s.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

New this year from Costa is the 580 poly lens.Weight is much less than the glass,and remarkably sharper contrast from the standard poly products.Lots of options!

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I wore prescription Costa Del Mar for years, and was very happy with them. This spring I got a pair of prescription Oakleys and the difference is incredible. Costa’s were great. But Oakley is more comfortable and better optics.

a1a

Mosquito spray destroyed my Costas…anyone know if that is covered in the warranty? Stupid mistake, live and learn. WARNING! Don’t let mosquito spray anywhere near your glasses or it will eat the finish, lense coatings, and rubber ear pieces!!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got a huge head and the Wavekillers fit me well. I’ve got 400 glass lenses in green mirror. I’ve had them for 4 years now and they look new.

timbuc2eyes
    Mntana

I bought the Zane frame in 580 green glass lens and a set of 580 blue glass lens, I preferred the green lens, so my wife got the blue. It’s the best lens I’ve ever looked through!!, look on EBay, and save some money,

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

I bought Costa’s last year with blue 580 glass lenses, leaps and bounds better optics than I had with my previous polarized Oakleys. I believe the frames are the Swordfish (’08 model). I was able to find them online for $89.99, can’t pass that up!! I have a smaller sized head, so I would stay away from that frame, but you can’t beat the lenses.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Thanks for the info, stoped at Cabelas and tried some on, like the Hammerhead and the Howler decisions

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Once your decision is made give Deano a call for pricing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.