45% of households pay no federal taxes?

• big_g
    Isle, MN

for the record…

Dayton’s proposing as many as three new income tax brackets.

Singles and couples with incomes between $130,000 and $150,000 would pay “slightly more” according to Dayton. For those earning more than $500,000 a year — a sharper spike. And at $1,000,000 and above: “significantly more” in income taxes.

Dayton says million dollar “homes” deserve special attention too.

Remember that $53 million home for sale on Lake Minnetonka?

It’s taxed at the same percentage as a $500,000 home in Fridley.

It’s TRUE.

Currently, Minnesota has two property tax rates: 1.0 percent for homes valued under $500,000 and 1.25 percent for homes valued above $500,000

big G

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

So, what cuts in spending is he proposing?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

From what I can tell..he is cutting the rich spending their own money and doing it for them….

From what I have seen of his mesaage, I believe to get away from unemployment in MN, everybody with out a job will be building windmills….

big G

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Quote:

for the record…

Dayton’s proposing as many as three new income tax brackets.

Singles and couples with incomes between $130,000 and $150,000 would pay “slightly more” according to Dayton. For those earning more than $500,000 a year — a sharper spike. And at $1,000,000 and above: “significantly more” in income taxes.

Dayton says million dollar “homes” deserve special attention too.

Remember that $53 million home for sale on Lake Minnetonka?

It’s taxed at the same percentage as a $500,000 home in Fridley.

It’s TRUE.

Currently, Minnesota has two property tax rates: 1.0 percent for homes valued under $500,000 and 1.25 percent for homes valued above $500,000

big G

And when that $53 million dollar home gets sold for $35 million? Do they get a property taxes rebate for being taxed at 30% more than they should have?

IMO, the county’s valuations are based on their need and not the value of their homes. I would sell my home and rental property today if I could get the accessed value.

big_g
    Isle, MN

They should have sold 5 years ago……. when it worked the other way… house sold for more than appraised (and loaned over value even worse)

big G

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

When it comes to rich or poor. I always say Who buys the bigger boat rich or poor? How many people are employed making the bigger boat. We need rich people. I just wish I could buy a boat.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

When it comes to rich or poor. I always say Who buys the bigger boat rich or poor? How many people are employed making the bigger boat. We need rich people. I just wish I could buy a boat.

I agree to a point. Why tax the hell out of the guy who owns factories? Why tax the hell out of the corporations who employ 1000’s?

Put people to work and have a national sales tax and forget all these other dinky fee’s & taxes that kill everybody.

Have I mentioned killing welfare and ending wars?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

How in the heck does anybody know what the candidates stand for? All I hear is “we will bash the Pawlenty way of doing things.” Hear a solution there? No.

We are rats on a treadmill. We can’t elect anybody who cares about anything but who is paying them under the table.

IMHO just elect somebody who creates jobs, thus tax payers, then I don’t care how much they steal.

Create jobs and end welfare, is that to much to ask?

Oh, and on the federal level can’t we just end the war we can’t possibly win?

Those commecials are hilarious. If I was the GOP candidate I would say, “yeah, there was a lot of bellyaching going on, but that’s because people had to roll up their sleeves and make do with cutting back like the rest of us. You don’t hear much anymore. And look what it got us. Unemployment well below the national average. Man, TPaw should have raised taxes and inflated the budget again”.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Mudshark, Agreed. Everybody making money of any amount should pay a share.

My daughter, a college student, working as a personal care assistant (part time) paid $800 in taxes… which is more than 45% of households.

According to some information I read after posting the link indicated that the primary deductions that contribute toward the high number of households not paying taxes is the earned income tax credit and home interest deduction.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.