Favorite Droid Apps?

• suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

I just switched from a Blackberry Curve to a Droid and am wonderering what are the “must have” apps?

cspierings
    Oregon, WI

An App killer to save on battery life. I also like the free one from the weather channel, Skype, DrudgeReport but I have only been a Droid user for about 2 weeks myself.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Like mentioned above,”Advanced Task Killer”,
    Also,”Radar Now”,too see instant weather radar for where ever you are.
    “Weather bug” for forecast weather
    And “Easy Tether” to hook droid to a laptop for a internet connection.
    these are the ones i have found useful so far!
    Good Luck!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Advanced task killer, opera mini, shazam music id, qik, docs to go (free edition), astra file manager,Last fm, pandora, PDA net for tether, I also got a somewhat decent video player, but the interface leaves a bit to be desired, but it works ok. Thats few I’ve used and put on the wife’s phone haven’t made the leap yet myself, still happy with my Touch Pro 2. I

I also rooted and put a custom rom on the wife’s phone, got rid of a bunch of bloatware. Also allows me to run wifi tether. Probably going to over clock it next time she lets me play with it. Still I’m far, from an andriod expert.

jjkouba
    Princeton, MN

Advanced Task Killer, K-9 Mail (Stock app sucks), Shazam, Google Translate, and Shop Savvy

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Advanced task killer, juice defender, k-9 mail, dolphin hd browser, PDANet, pandora, wikimobile. Those are the free ones. For 10 bucks get the navionics app, all the lake maps from the navionics chip. I think it is last years chip however, but I did hear it comes with free updates.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Droidlight, Touchdown and ESPN Sportcenter.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

App Killer for sure. I got Skype too. I wish there was an app where some of us Droid guys could use it as a fishing chat room that people could pop in and out of to talk to other IDO guys.

Some others I have:

Astrid Tasks – Keep track of things I need to do

Fishing Buddy (Free version) – I use it to track time spent at a location and times when I caught a fish so I can enter it into my fishing log.

Documents To Go – If you need to access MS Office files on your phone

Lookout – Backs up files from your phone and protects you from viruses (which there are none). It can also make your phone “scream” if you lose it. Do this by logging onto the website and use the locate phone feature.

My Maps Editor – If you are familiar with Google’s My Maps feature, this is the phone version. You can mark up a map and save it.

MusicSleep – If you are the type of person who likes falling asleep to music and want it to shut off after a certain time.

ONN – The Onion Video news. ‘Nuff said.

Our Groceries – Very basic and simple list tool. Not only for groceries, but I use it for things like list of what to pack on a trip.

Pandora – Great radio app

Scanner Radio – Great for real time weather warnings or snooping in on the police.

RedPokerClub – If you like Texas Hold’em

Weather Bug Elite – The best weather app I have found so far. Cost a few bucks I believe. The radar includes lightning strikes.

Navionics

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

My Maps Editor – If you are familiar with Google’s My Maps feature, this is the phone version. You can mark up a map and save it.

I need to start confiscating phones before we go fishing.

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Lookout – Backs up files from your phone and protects you from viruses (which there are none). It can also make your phone “scream” if you lose it. Do this by logging onto the website and use the locate phone feature.

Android OS is a Linux based operating system, no need for virus protection. Now if you had a Windows mobile based smartphone…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Why write a virus for the 10 linux desktop users??

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

google sky is a pretty neat app too.

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Why write a virus for the 10 linux desktop users??

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I need to start confiscating phones before we go fishing.

You’d have to confiscate my memories afterward as well. Either that or get yourself one of those fancy things from Men in Black.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

google sky is a pretty neat app too.

Indeed one of the top ones, but I didn’t list it because it comes with the Droid…if I remember correctly.

BK was amazed by this one when I showed him it right after I marked our location in the map app.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Well heres to hoping the droid app store has all of the ones the moment store does…..

ATK

Juice defender

k-9 mail is alright…

WEATHER BUG!

SportsTap – LOVE THIS!!!!!

Those are the only ones I have that I think are on Both markets.

Have fun there is sooo much out there…

stuart
    Mn.

Where is a must have app.

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

I think someone needs to write an IDO app.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I could make it my first “Hello World” app to get up to speed on Android development.

There is a new Texas Hold’em app that is better than RedPokerClub. Appeak Poker Beta.

stuart
    Mn.

Another must have for fishermen is Radar Now.It is real time radar for your location.We have been using it an d find it to be very accurate.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.