leatherman multi tool question

• thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Hello,

I have a leatherman multi tool that I’ve had for like 5 years now and its in its sheath attached to my belt everywhere I go and comes in handy everyday. Just recently the pliers broke just crimping on a split shot. My question is I think leatherman has a lifetime warranty but I don’t have a receipt after this many years of having it, what are the chances that leatherman will replace it without a sales receipt. Anyone have any experiences dealing with leatherman, any help is appreciated. THANKS!

Take care!
    Kevin

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Had mine for ten years broke a screw driver and blade send it in they will fix it GREAT Customer service

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I’ve broken two mini-tools and they’ve replaced both of them. In one case, it was clearly “stupid owner” (using a file blade as a pry). I included a note explaining. In both cases, they sent back brand new tools. I was impressed. I will always by Leatherman. They have MY loyalty. Couldn’t do that in my own business…

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Thank you! I will send it in and see what happens.

Take care!
    Kevin

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

After your done breaking all those leatherman tools …buy a Gerber multi plier Had mine for 6-8 years and NO problems. I also own 5 of them

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

gerber all the way have 5 of em goin on 10 years and gerber blades to. leathermans never hold up and dont enjoy the finners gettin bit by the knife inadverntaly folding

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

After your done breaking all those leatherman tools …buy a Gerber multi plier Had mine for 6-8 years and NO problems. I also own 5 of them

I do like the gerbers more than the leatherman, but they do break just the same. I have one that I have had well over 10 years now and it has 2 broken screw driver bits on it. Operator error on both of course. I should probably send it in before I lose it

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Quote:

They may work for you but thats what I originally started buying before my leatherman because they are less pricey but everyone(3 or 4) that I bought broke within a couple months so I bought a leatherman and its lasted 5+ years with no problum until now, I am sticking with leatherman unless they don’t end up honoring there warranty.

Kevin

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I wont debate it because they are good tools ,i just prefer the Gerber tool for my needs . You shouldn’t have an issue with your warranty and would be VERY surprised if you did.Let us now how it turns out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Throw both them away and get a BFH

JK, they are both great tools, I can break either one, I have proved it

big G

toothycritters

I lost a gerber multi tool,,, is that covered???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I lost a gerber multi tool,,, is that covered???

I’ve never bought one but have two in my boat from people that have left them there. One will be returned to the owner, but I don’t have a clue as to who the other belongs to.

Leatherman’s have a second owner warranty?

PS my locking Gerber pocket knife is going on 40 years next year.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I own one of each. They both have their ups and downs.

The Leatherman seems to go with me everywhere (the blade holds an edge better).

The Gerber goes fishing with me as you can get the pliers out easily with one hand.

I have not had a problem with either.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

My leatherman goes with me everywhere, been labeled as a hick because of it on many occasions, but its always those same people who seem to need something cut or tightend. Kind of like when people judge you for being a mechanic, then right away ask you about fixing there car…

Multi-tools are a life saver whether be Gerber or Leatherman!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.