Mantis Tiller/Cultivator

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have decided that I am too old (or just don’t want to) to hoe the garden any longer and I am sick of pulling weeds . I was thinking about getting a Mantis, does anyone on here have any experience good or bad with this product?? Looks like they run around $300 so I would like to know what people think before I spend that money on a “luxury” item. Thanks for any input .

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

They work very nice. I run a rental store and we rent them here. Never had any problems with them and they are a nice little tiller for the money. The ones we have use Honda 4 cycle engines and have been great.

They work great to till small gardens or cultivate. They are however, not built for heavy tilling or breaking new ground.

Actually, they really till the dirt into nice fine stuff, about twice as good as a regular rear-tine. Highly reccomend.

big_g
    Isle, MN

They look great on that ground they show on TV… it looks like dry sugar sand they are cultivating…. I would say it would be a little different in wet black soil, but definitely easier than a hoe….

big G

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Ever since using my Dad’s mantis I have been begging for one. They are a sweet tool for maintaining the garden but still on the small side for the Fall and Spring time turn over. What takes me 2 hours to hoe and weed can be done in a half hour tops with the Mantis making for more time to fish and party. That is one reason the wife won’t let me get one, she thinks I have enough time on my hands as it is

You won’t be disappointed, enjoy the new toy if you decide to make the purchase

daveeast
    Iowa

I have had a Mantis for 5 + years and it works great, also
    got the lawn edger attachment and very pleased.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

You won’t be disappointed, enjoy the new toy if you decide to make the purchase

X2

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I don’t have one but my brother does and if it can handle this Buffalo County clay it can handle anything. He loves his.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I am borrowing one from a co-worker and going to try it out this weekend, sounds like something that I would like. I am just looking to use it more for maintaining the garden and getting rid of weeds. I’ll let you know what I think.

hanson

Big Thumbs up on the Mantis!

This one is my grandpa’s, gotta be 20 years old now.

Sure made quick work out of this planting bed. You end up with fluffy loose soil about 10″ deep or so. Very nice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.