fishing askov mn.

• fieds
    ottertail county

i’ll be at a wedding this weekend in askov, is there any hope of catching a walleye in the small lakes around this area?? anyone have a suggestion. won’t be able to travel to knife or mil’acs til sunday. any help would be great.

fieds

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Although I have not been up there in years Oak Lake near Willow River is a pretty good Walleye fishery. It also holds some very, very nice Pike…Caught my PB off a dock when I was a kid, just a bit over 40″.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

..Actually, even closer is the Kettle River in the state park. There’s a bunch of rapids with nice deep rocky holes that hold tons o’ Walleyes. A crawler on a spinner or jig works awesome in this stretch of river just shore fishin’. Cast upstream, let it drift down…if it stops it’s either a rock or a Walleye. You will lose quite a few rigs but the river fishing on that stretch can be amazing. Good Luck!… and post back on how you do.

fieds
    ottertail county

thanks for the tips, i’ll check out oaks in the boat and give the river a try if the lakes don’t pan out

fieds

fieds
    ottertail county

oak was a bust. caught @ 50 crappies all around 4 inches. no eyes but had several small pike latch onto the crappies being reeled in. not enough time to check out the river on this trip but will in future trips.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.