WHAT TO USE

• SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

last thursday evening i was down on pool 3 troling wing dams, my troling rods are spooled with braided line. the rocks reek havok with the breaded line. what would be best to use as a leader material for this? (had to re-tie numerous times, the bread would fray)

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

There is a product, I believe it’s called Tiger Wire. You can make your own leaders. I think Dean carries it or something similar.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

the rocks reek havok…

The Zeebs are in there thick in a lot of areas too. They do chew up the line pretty quick. I just have a few rods ready to go.

-J.

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

I”ll tie on a short leader of 17lb P-Line CXX to my Power Pro main line. That stuff really takes a beating on the rocks and will keep those cranks on your line and not stuck in the river.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

There is a product, I believe it’s called Tiger Wire. You can make your own leaders. I think Dean carries it or something similar.

Yup…ty-gear leader. Has saved a bunch of $ on crankbaits for guys playing in the rocks.

millerdriller

absolutely! I agree. No matter what you use, you are gonna need to cut and re-tie on that pool. Great fishin though!

basser
    White Bear Lake,mn.

I make my own leaders out of Berkley coated leader material,and don’t use swivels for cranks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.