I need some help

• rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

i have a new LCX 38c HD and for christmass the wife bought me a 09 navionics premium chip. I put it in the unit and it didn’t work. I then found out that i needed to do a download to 2.5 which i did. i then put the chip back in and started up the unit. scrolled up to Mille Lacs and it only showed 5 foot conturs. is there something i am doing wrong

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

My best guess is this…
    Nav is not a plug and play chip, like LM is. When controling the GPS side of the screen hit MENU and scroll to MAP DATA. You will need to open the correct file, whish may be named or might be a #. Sounds weird and IS a pain in the azz. Might take a few times to find the correct file.
    BTW, LM is much better for Mille Lacs. Anbd no stupid files to search through, why do they even do that? -Mark

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Sounds like you either didnt have the correct map selected or you didnt zoom in enough, you need to go in and select the navionics map, the minnesota north/west/east ( I can’t remember which on exactly), the depth definition gets better when you zoom in. ( to a point)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.