Smart Stop Bobber Stop

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried the “Smart Stop” slip bobber stops made by Clearlyoutdoors. Found at http://www.clearlyoutdoors.com

One of my truck drivers bought some at the sportsmans show over the last weekend and I was wondering how people like them and if they work as good as said being he hasn’t been able to try them yet.

Thanks,
    Paul

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Havent tried them but it looks like a good company regardless. If they work Id give me a try.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

i bought some at the madison expo this year. they look like they could work pretty good. slide up and down the line and dont move when on the line.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I probably wouldn’t buy anything from a company that spouts how evil it is to use lead for fishing as a ploy to sell their product.

sturgeonator

I used these stops for my son ice fishing this past season and didn’t like them. They would pop off if the hit the guides just right and when they did make it to the spool on a spinning outfit you had to pull the line out by hand at the spool because the line would pile up behind the stop and would not feed out on its own. Also when trying to put them on the line they are so small and hard to get ahold of it was almost impossible, an dtrying to put them on the way they show doesn’t work because they would fall off the holder if you breathed to hard on them. Wow I didn’t realize I disliked them so much, sorry for the rant!

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

I am not sure about their other products, but not to mince words, these things realy suck. Maybe one of ten don’t split and fall off. Complete waste of time and money. Last year made the biggest mistake and tried them in a tournement without testing them first. Junk.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

I tried them,and hated the product.popped off alot on guides,and a pain to get on .i went back to the old tried and true with a bead and knot

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

I agree to all the above

WeFish

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

All i can say is ” junk junk junk”. I agree all of the above also. The line does not feed off and they tend to get caught on the guides. Dan

mnwalleyeangler

JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you cant castyour line outbecause they are so bulky when reeling your line up it gets stuck under it.then you try to cast and are fkinging jumbo leechs off all day.stick with the string stops!!!

millelacseye51

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Thanks guys. If it sounds too easy usually it is. Guess I’ll stick with knots. Sorry it took so long to Reply. Went over to Eau Claire to visit the in-laws. Help to brother in-law pack a few thing for their move. And Lydia and I looked at a few houses for ourself.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Smart Stop Bobber Stops out perform other fishing bobbers because you can:

• Attach and remove fishing bobbers without
    tying, threading, or cutting the line.

I wonder if this company really knows anything about fishing ??? How on Earth, can you do the above any different, from any other bobber stop ??? Either your “bobber” allows you to snap it on the line or your retying, no matter what slip knot/stop you use ????? Huh ???

big G

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.