Flea and Tick Control

• magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Has anyone ever used a product called Bio Spots on thier dog? It is supposed to be equivalent to Frontline. Just looking for some feed back on this product.

deertracker

I tried it because it was cheaper but then went back to Frontline. It might work ok for a dog with really short hair but didn’t work on my dog with longer hair. Frontline has always worked for me.
    DT

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I use it. Works great for my dog. Just did the first application. Picked it up at Fleet Farm.

-J.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

My neighbor’s dog had a severe reaction to it.

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

I have a lab…tried both. BioSpot works ok but doesn’t last as long as Frontline. I’ve gone back to Frontline…beats picking ticks.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I used it 5 or 6 times on my dog. It worked but, Every time I put it on her she would hang her head for 2-3 days and appear to be bothered by the Smell (or so I thought)
    Turns out on the last application, she started to have what appeared to be Extreme hic-ups. Turned out be be a nuerological reaction. Talked to 2 Vets and the both told me that they have had a number of Dogs lose Hair, Have skin reactions and Even 1 Death! Since then I have had 2 Friends dogs have reactions.
    I switched to Front Line Plus and no problems.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

I used it 5 or 6 times on my dog. It worked but, Every time I put it on her she would hang her head for 2-3 days and appear to be bothered by the Smell (or so I thought)
    Turns out on the last application, she started to have what appeared to be Extreme hic-ups. Turned out be be a nuerological reaction. Talked to 2 Vets and the both told me that they have had a number of Dogs lose Hair, Have skin reactions and Even 1 Death! Since then I have had 2 Friends dogs have reactions.
    I switched to Front Line Plus and no problems.

This is what happened to my neighbors dog. She had a severe reaction and had to be hospitalized (is veteranized the equivalent?) Frontline Plus for me and Boomer.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Same can be said for Frontline. (Just google Frontline Reaction) Both are pesticides applied to your animal and absorded into the skin/blood. Some dog have reactions. Buyer beware!

-J.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I tried Biospot last year instead of Frontline, and wasn’t too happy with the results. I believe Biospot can wash off where Frontline won’t.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

We tried frontline years ago and it worked so well that the dog brought in ticks that didn’t bury into her. Instead they walked around on the furniture and us!!!

So we’ll pick ticks and up here that can be a chore. So I have also learned where the tick hotbeds are so that we are only picking a few at a time. Right now and after the first freeze in the fall are the worst times. I have a scab from last fall and just picked one off of me last week (grrrr, after I had checked myself).

Mark

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We’ve had really good luck with K9 Advantix, but you can’t use it if your dog will be around cats. It keeps mosquitos and biting flies at bay pretty well, too.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Thanks for the input guys. I went to the Man’s Mall (Fleet Farm) today to pick up some Frontline but they were out of it. That is when I saw the Bio Spots and noticed it was fraction of the price but I had never heard of it. The lady working told me it was basically a generic Frontline and it has the same active ingredient. I might have to give it a shot. As long as it works, I can the spend the money saved on fishing.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I like the convenience of 1800PETMEDS. You can order online or over the phone. Quite reasonable. Plus, once you set up the account, reordering is super easy! Comes in about 3 days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.