anyone want ikes boat?

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Contact John Stears.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

The graphics on the hull are……………………….busy. That’s about as nice as I can put it.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

The graphics on the hull are……………………….busy. That’s about as nice as I can put it.

Matches his personality……………and thats as nice as I can put that.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Another aluminum Ranger for $5000???

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d buy it if the sponsors would continue to pay me.

Someone should call the number and scream into it when he picks up or leave a message, “Woooooooooooooooooo! I hear you are selling your boat, YEAH!”.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Someone should call the number and scream into it when he picks up or leave a message, “Woooooooooooooooooo! I hear you are selling your boat, YEAH!”.

almost spit on the screen on that one…LOL

on a side note – Ike still is the most “Villainized” angler for no real good reason…(Before you aruge the point – think of what other athletes have pulled in comparison)

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

on a side note – Ike still is the most “Villainized” angler for no real good reason…(Before you aruge the point – think of what other athletes have pulled in comparison)

Is that true? Is that because he is so “energetic”? I like the guys personality and enthusiasm. I just think his boat is obnoxious.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

He was voted in the top 10 list of most hated athletes a few years back..

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

He was voted in the top 10 list of most hated athletes a few years back..

If I had the kind of cash he probably has. I’d be OK with being hated. He should be able to afford not to care.

nailbender

Until I looked at the ad, I honestly thought you were referring to Ike from the bait shop. Now that I know which Ike, I completely agree about the most hated part. When I see him on a fishing show, I find a new channel.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I had heard about him in the past and just this winter I started watching his show, City Limits Fishing, and I really like it. I really like his enthuisiasm and have learned that my excitment when I’m hooked up with a walleye in a tournament isn’t so crazy.
    As for his boat….. I’ll bet he was rough on it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I had heard about him in the past and just this winter I started watching his show, City Limits Fishing, and I really like it. I really like his enthuisiasm…

Pretty much the same experiance with me. When I first saw him, he rubbed me the wrong way. But after watching the show, I have come to like him. It’s really hard to fault a guy who gets that excited. I mean, he whoops it up just catching a 12″ bass.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

I had heard about him in the past and just this winter I started watching his show, City Limits Fishing, and I really like it. I really like his enthuisiasm…

Pretty much the same experiance with me. When I first saw him, he rubbed me the wrong way. But after watching the show, I have come to like him. It’s really hard to fault a guy who gets that excited. I mean, he whoops it up just catching a 12″ bass.

He’s as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If I want phony, I’ll watch In-Fisherman’s Doug Stange.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Care to explain what brought you to that conclusions? just curious.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Just another guy that loves his job.

timmy

Ike is a grown man that has temper tantrums and slams throws his rod and reel down in the boat like a baby, like a big spoiled rotten dick-head of a baby.

If my three yr old acted that way, he’d get a spanking……but he doesn’t because he knows better.

Tim

riverfan
    MN

Quote:

Contact John Stears.

I’ve been busy making my own list of enemies lately. I don’t need Ikes help.

John

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

Care to explain what brought you to that conclusions? just curious.

The very first time I saw him on TV he was break dancing on his front deck. Hooting and hollering, I thought for sure he had discovered the cure for cancer!

Turns out he caught a 12″ Bass.

But then I may have the wrong impression. I should have gone down to Everts for the tourney today. Bet I coulda seen 100 adults yelling, screaming, break dancing in their boats.

Slop, he’s a whore for the money. Plain and simple. I find it amusing their are 200 other pro’s that don’t have to stoop down that far to fish.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Hey guys, he’s just an excitible “BOY”

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Hey guys, he’s just an excitible “BOY”

I’ll take that over a “Grumpy Old Coot” any day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Slop, he’s a whore for the money. Plain and simple. I find it amusing their are 200 other pro’s that don’t have to stoop down that far to fish.

And those other 200 are just fishing for the love of it? He gets POed because he is highly competitive. Anyone see the episode where afterwords he stopped and fished with some kid fishing in a city pond and helped him out? And it wasn’t an ego thing, because the kid had no idea who he was.

The one thing that annoys me with city limits is the posed shots on the steps of a flat. They do it in every city and they are always looking sideways at the camera.

I am interested in knowing what people who don’t like Ike think of Tred Barta. No that guy has an ego, but you know what, he’s grown on me too. Also, anyone know why the last episode I saw he was in a wheelchair?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I saw tha that episode with the kid also. Staged, I don’t know. However, he won a lot of points with me that day. Not a fan of his style, but I also don’t dislike him either.

As for Tred, he had some sort of a stroke. I think, don’t quote me on the exact illness. It sound rare and sudden. He was in the hospital last I saw. He is also an egotistical maniac, but his shows have grown on me. Probably because I appreciate his style of hunting. Wind in the face, stick and string.

I do have one question. Who would pay $30k for a bass boat?

shadslayer
    dubuque ia

Quote:

Quote:

And those other 200 are just fishing for the love of it? He gets POed because he is highly competitive. Anyone see the episode where afterwords he stopped and fished with some kid fishing in a city pond and helped him out? And it wasn’t an ego thing, because the kid had no idea who he was.

The one thing that annoys me with city limits is the posed shots on the steps of a flat. They do it in every city and they are always looking sideways at the camera.

I am interested in knowing what people who don’t like Ike think of Tred Barta. No that guy has an ego, but you know what, he’s grown on me too. Also, anyone know why the last episode I saw he was in a wheelchair?

Its funny you should say that as barta is on (another channel) as I write this. I can tolerate ike. Yeah he gets excited catching that perfect sized bait fish BUT tell me you havn’t whooped and hollered when you landed a good one when no one else was around or high fived your buddy after he got it netted it for you. I know i have done it both. Now barta I can’t stand!!! It gets REALLY old listening to him week in and week out telling the whole world how GREAT he is and just how much he thinks he knows. gees that guy drives me nuts.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.