Buy Toyota

• herb
    6ft under

Can you explain exactly what union labor has to do with the recall issue?

If I’m not mistaken these parts were built to engineering specs and passed final inspection before being installed. That should make it an issue with engineering, not the guys making the parts.

And if it ends up being a software issue, will you somehow try to tie that in with union labor?

hnd

Quote:

I am sure CTS built to specs given by Toyota…

thats all you’ve got? UAW workers were the reason behind the failure. the UAW is he reason our gvt owns GM.

i come from a long line of UAW workers. so i too have sucked on the teet that has slowly dragged the US auto industry into the dumpster. have you been to detroit lately?

CTS was contracted out to toyota to provide their braking system. this isn’t a toyota design. its cts’ design. that part of what they do. they’ve already came out and said so.

peoples continued support of an US industry that has nearly destroyed itself is quite comical.

hnd

Quote:

Can you explain exactly what union labor has to do with the recall issue?

If I’m not mistaken these parts were built to engineering specs and passed final inspection before being installed. That should make it an issue with engineering, not the guys making the parts.

don’t ask me, ask the people touting that the UAW is where its at, when a UAW factory is what was pumping out the faulty equipment.

herb
    6ft under

Man, you have absolutely no clue do you?
    Have nice life

hnd

good one…is this grade school?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I am employed by the worlds finest Union built big GREEN tractor company. I’ll take my chances with a UAW built american made truck anyday over a toyota!

Oliver. Those are some nice tractors.

hnd

i will certainly agree that john deere > kubota or hitachi any day of the week!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

I would buy a Toyota if they ever quit making True American Made trucks! Big 3 Auto makers all the way! FORD GM DODGE

Ford True American made?????????? – Ford employee’s more people in other country’s that they do in the US. Check out this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

big_g
    Isle, MN

Do people even look at or even attempt to read something before they link it in here ??? According to your chart, the Twin Cities FORD assembly plant employs nobody ??? Where do you get this stuff from ??? Wikipedia ??? You gotta do better than that

big G

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I’m sorry this has been so heated. Maybe some points have been overlooked, I am on disability, I can’t do 40 to 50K for a for full sized new truck. I NEED a warranty. I drove Fords for 30 Years, a couple of chevys in there. I wanted a mid sized truck ( easier to get is and out) S-10, Ranger to small, chevy colorado, looked at it, it was a POS, I bought the Toyota today 2010 Tacoma, double cab,4×4, TRD sport pgk. 7 year warranty, 2 yr maint. free. I got a great deal. It will fit my needs. I worked in the trades for 29 years UNION. 2 years ago I would say no way in hell would I buy Toyota. Well fellas I’m getting 0.00 dollars disability from the union. SS only, dollars are important now.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I am and will not bash the union, UAW or trades unions. I got bent over on a techincally, if I live to 55 I will draw a pension, just can’t get disability. Please put yourselves in my boots before you tear me apart. Thanks, Ron

hnd

sounds like a great deal. Hiland? Dan Larson takes care of us big time down there.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

acutually muscatine, I went to school with the GM

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Quote:

thats all you’ve got? UAW workers were the reason behind the failure. the UAW is he reason our gvt owns GM.

i come from a long line of UAW workers. so i too have sucked on the teet that has slowly dragged the US auto industry into the dumpster. have you been to detroit lately?

CTS was contracted out to toyota to provide their braking system. this isn’t a toyota design. its cts’ design. that part of what they do. they’ve already came out and said so.

peoples continued support of an US industry that has nearly destroyed itself is quite comical.

You can’t blame the UAW for everything, the auto manufacturers agreed to this stuff.

I don’t know who designed the faulty parts, Toyota or CTS. But if CTS designed the parts and Toyota didn’t have their engineers check into this prior to manufacturing, then you could just as well blame Toyota. It simply boils down to this, Toyota was looking to cut corners to help with profit margins, looks like it finally caught up with them.

I see you don’t mind bashing the UAW who your family worked for many years. Why don’t you go spit in their face or kick them between the legs? You have clearly bashed some of your family members here on this site who went to work everyday and worked hard and gave you a roof over your head and food on the table.

hnd

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You can’t blame the UAW for everything, the auto manufacturers agreed to this stuff.

I don’t know who designed the faulty parts, Toyota or CTS. But if CTS designed the parts and Toyota didn’t have their engineers check into this prior to manufacturing, then you could just as well blame Toyota. It simply boils down to this, Toyota was looking to cut corners to help with profit margins, looks like it finally caught up with them.

I see you don’t mind bashing the UAW who your family worked for many years. Why don’t you go spit in their face or kick them between the legs? You have clearly bashed some of your family members here on this site who went to work everyday and worked hard and gave you a roof over your head and food on the table.

i have no problems with UAW workers. guys who work for a living and do what they can to provide for their families are ok in my book. some of my best friends are union workers. That doesn’t mean that there are Union problems especially in regards to the UAW. The greed on both sides of the table is why the the us auto industry is where it is today.

don’t take my problems with the union as problems with the workers. for the most part, union workers just want a fair wage and benefits for the work they do and work very hard at their jobs. no problems. my uncle works for ford, both of my grandparent worked for GM. my father worked for GM for a bit.

Also, don’t think i believe toyota to be squeaky clean. they are a huge corporation who’s #1 goal is to answer to its shareholders. cutting corners is what happens and is inexcusable.

but don’t think that the Big 3 are any different.

I didn’t drag the UAW into this. someone mentioned to only buy from UAW because of toyotas problems. i was just pointing out the UAW was right smack dab in the middle of this recall.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Congrats on the new truck Ron. Any pictures?

sorry about the way this thread ended up

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

new truck

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Nice looking ride there Ron. I hope you enjoy it. looks like a nice truck. should have my own in the next month or so.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

i was just pointing out the UAW was right smack dab in the middle of this recall.

The UAW has nothing to do with the recall. The UAW and members simply went to work, did what they were told to do. Its unlikely the UAW had anything to do with the engineering of how these defective parts were constructed.

hnd

Quote:

Quote:

i was just pointing out the UAW was right smack dab in the middle of this recall.

The UAW has nothing to do with the recall. The UAW and members simply went to work, did what they were told to do. Its unlikely the UAW had anything to do with the engineering of how these defective parts were constructed.

let me rephrase. the a company using UAW workers was smack dab in the middle of this. meaning “companies that use UAW workers are better” an incorrect statement.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The recall should have “nothing” to do with this thread…. recalls happen. How they are handled, that’s the issue. Glad to see you took all this good info and made your decision Hopefully, if your truck has potential issues, they will let you know in the proper way & in time

big G

Viewing 21 posts - 91 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.