Lowrance H2Oc… navionics or lakemaster?

• rljohnson020

So i decided not to wait for chips to come out for the new lowrance handheld gps line and picked up an H2Oc on ebay for now. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if it is compatible with a navionics chip (I was told it would work with a lakemaster chip). Also, if both chips work with it, which one is better? Lakemaster or navionics?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

So i decided not to wait for chips to come out for the new lowrance handheld gps line and picked up an H2Oc on ebay for now. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if it is compatible with a navionics chip (I was told it would work with a lakemaster chip). Also, if both chips work with it, which one is better? Lakemaster or navionics?

Both will work in the H2Oc. I prefer the LakeMaster product

for its better detail and closer zoomability.

The Navionics will have more of a region of the US whereas

the LakeMaster is state specific.

Happy trails…………….and waypoints.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ditto what Dan said.

I’ve had them both and prefer LakeMaster for the areas I fish.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

For what it’s worth. I’ve got the 2009 Navonics chip and I intend on buying the MN Lake Master and the WI Lake Master.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Lakemaster hands down. I have a bunch of Navi chips and the Lakemaster chips have served me better on most applications.

Heck the Lakemaster Rainy River chip and the Red Lake maps I know for a fact are dead on…much more accurate then this guide would have liked to see them; those guys didn’t miss a thing.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If you fish a specific area and don’t travel much Lake master for sure but like the guys sadi it will only cover one state. If you go to wi and mn the it’s a $$ question with Lake Master you would need to buy 2 chips one for each state. The lake master chip for both wi and mn will give you best detail like the guys said. If you don’t have the cash for 2 Lake master chips then the nav chip will get you going.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Lake master fo sho!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Make sure the lakes you need are on the chip you get. If they are on the Lakemaster get it. Nav has more lakes but the maps lack a lot. You can always get Nav now if LM does not have your lakes and get LM later. If I remember Nav is $150 and LM are $100.
    But LM trumps NAV in quality.
    -Mark

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I own both and use the Navionics chip more. I would go into a store that demos them like Thorne Brothers, pick out a few of your favorite lakes and compare for yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.