Should I be worried?

• earnit

okay, so I get a phone call today on the ID that said, “NAME NOT FOUND” w/ a number as: 351-000-5412. It is a recording that says to get a new credit card w/ a lower interest rate press 9. I’m on that No Call List so I was pissed I was even getting a phone call. So…….I press 9. I get a guy that did the normal answer routine. I asked him what bank they were affiliated with. He said “Master card and Visa” I said “No, want lending institution” He was like it doesn’t matter. So I bring up the no call list and I was sort of yelling about it to him. He laughs at me and says, “the no call list is fake and there is nothing that can be done about them calling me” Now I was really mad! I said somthing like I’ll see that something gets done. He then laughs at me and says, “do you think I’m afraid of you Mr. ——” I called him two VERY bad names, and hung up on him….I was irate!

Now I’m kinda worried that maybe he or the company that called will mess w/ me and my credit somehow??? I got to thinking about how he knew my last name, and phone number. Not to mention what I called hime bad…..very bad

Any suggestions. I searched that number and didn’t find much, other than a few people posting the same thing happend to them about a credit card w/ a lower interest rate.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I wouldnt be worried, they just got your name off of a list. Everybody’s name is on a list somewhere.

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

They have been calling alot lately.

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

That is why I don’t have a land line, only a cell phone. Only calls I got were jerks like that guy. They no call list is really worthless. They can call you if they have done business before, they are non-profit or they complete the deal in person. But even if they don’t follow the rules there is no way to enforce it.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

TJ– Go and buy a refferee’s whistle and keep it by the phone. Next time Mr. calls blow it in his ear. I’m sure you won’t recieve any more unwanted calls from him.It works great for me. Kinda fun too

mrwalleye
    MN

If he calls back tell him to call you back at this number 1-631-403-2022 works great

drifter295
    Hastings MN

I wouldn’t be worried, he has no idea who you are, your number was predialed for him by a computer when he placed the call, relax.

I keep a hand held device called the final word next to my phone for just these type of calls, its a very simple unit, push button, that operates off a 9 volt battery. It only has 4 phrases but says them clearly and loud!!!
    Fu***n jerk
    eat s**t
    you’re an as*hole
    and finally Fu** You
    If I get any calls I don’t want, I just push the button and hold it next to the receiver after only a few seconds the call is over and I seldom if ever hear from these type of people again. Maybe some might think this is mean but I don’t, my philosophy is simple…If I have questions about you or your product, allow me to contact you, not the reverse.

stuart
    Mn.

Be worried,be very very worried.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I usually just tell them to hang on a sec, I have to let the dog out….I don’t have a dog… so it does take a long time before I get back to the phone, they’re usually gone by then.

Al

chippee
    sw wi

I used to hand the phone to my kids when they were young and let them carry on a conversation with them, kids thought it was hilarious, caller got very frustrated, they are too old for that now so I think I’m gonna get a whistle love that idea.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.