Remote Border Pass

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Just a friendly reminder to all people heading up to Rainy River this spring to fish either walleyes or sturgeon to get your RABC filled out and sent in. I highly recommend spending the 30 dollars for this pass vs paying a fine sometimes over 1000 dollars if caught fishing in candian waters. That line is shown on some GPS, however its not an offical line. Its always better to be safe vs sorry.

You can also apply for this permit in person at Rainy River which is just across the rainy river in baudette or in Fort Frances as well.

See you on the Rainy in a few months…

arklite881south

Good info Cal!! Anglers also need to be aware Canadian/Minnesota fishing regulations are different also on the Rainy River or lake.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Good info Cal!! Anglers also need to be aware Canadian/Minnesota fishing regulations are different also on the Rainy River or lake.

Good point. Also remember if you cross the border while fishing and DO NOT have an Ontario Fishing License, you are fishing without a license and still sunject to fines.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Good point Ruger…..

Here is a link for the Ontario Fishing license to call to get that license… Ontario Fishing License

evokabbo

do you know if i would need something like that for lake of the woods

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

do you know if i would need something like that for lake of the woods

If you cross over into candian waters or fish near the canadian line…I would reccomend it..

scottsteil
    Central MN

If you fish the canadian side of Lake of the woods from the US, you need the RBC and a Canadian fishing license. If you go through customs and fish the canadian side of LOTW you just need a Canadian Fishing License.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.