Where did the peanut gallery go?

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I hope we’re national underdogs again next week!! I’m sure the Saints will be favored in Vegas, but love the underdog role.

Go Vikes!!!

ET

The Vegas line opened at Saints -4 with over-under 53. Can you say shootout!

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

-J.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

my point is, again:
    the vikings have won the NFC north and the game today. nothing else

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

It’s all about class, and the Vikings have proven that they don’t have any. Have any of you Viking fans ever witnessed a basketball game where they just dribble the ball at half court to run out the clock, that there is class. Yes they could push the ball down inside for an in your face dunk but they don’t. I remember a few years ago there was a post about when Bilichik and the Pats ran up the score and the concenus from pretty much everybody on this site was that it was uncalled for. Now that the Vikes do it, the Viking fans find it ok now.

I can only pray that we are that classless again this weekend and again in two weeks. Run it up!!!!

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Woohooo! NFC North Champs (again), and a shot at going to the Super Bowl! Yep, nothing else.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I just watched the game again on DVR and SteveO is right, we won the game today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34-3!! Completely dominated the team EVERYONE was picking!! Complete and total domination. Offense, Defense, Special Teams all kicked

On to the big easy!!

ET

jldii

The game is 60 minutes. You play for 60 minutes. If the Cowboys didn’t want them to score, they should have stopped them. They didn’t, and we scored. Just a small battle won in a one sided game. Get over it. Its football. Did you ever play?

As for Belichick running up the score, What does that have to do with the Vikings game today? The Pats ran it up in their game because it was a regular season game and point differential is used in tie breakers.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Come on, guys. Policing these football threads gets old.

Have fun with the football talk but as soon as it turns personal again and I’m faced with having to clean up more of the posts I’m just going to delete the threads. I will not go the editing route again. I’ve got better things to do to be honest.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

How’s this, the last TD was the most classless thing I’ve seen in the NFL since the days when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Cowboys. The Queens officially have no class now.

I want to know how it is deemed “classless” by playing all 60 minutes of the game?

The only classless play was all of the smacktalk the cowboys did all week, only to cut their own throat come sunday.

If they kicked a field goal, would that have been classy? or should they just have handed the ball over to the cowboys and let them attempt to score, to make them feel better about themselves? last i checked, this is the big leagues, not Little League, where everything is “fair”.

I have no problem with a team making a statement like the vikings did yesterday. your team talked all week about how they were going to dominate this game, and all of the national analysts shared the same opinion. the vikings merely showed who was the better team, and they cemented that in. Honestly, I think its more about attitude, and that game, and that play shows that the vikes have a taste for blood right now, and will not let up for anything.

Just what you want in a team that is trying to win a Superbowl.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

How’s this, the last TD was the most classless thing I’ve seen in the NFL since the days when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Cowboys. The Queens officially have no class now.

What would have been said if they had kicked the field goal? That would have been called “classless” as well.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

NBC Sports Poll. Over 1900 respondents so far.

Q: What did you think of the Vikings’ last touchdown?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Totally agree…. technically, why did they score over 7 then ????

big G

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Quote:

It’s a game in which you play ALL 4 quarters. If you can’t play ALL 4 quarters don’t bother playing at all.

Agreed, keep the throttle pegged until the buzzer rings! Take all the point you can take and have no mercy!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Last TD?
    Classless would be maybe a high school football game, these are the pro’s and should take what ever happens and live with it, besides 2 weeks from now nobodies gonna care anyway.

imho
    It should have been a closer game, I think my last guess was 30-34 with Dallas winning, or whoever had the ball on last possession, I figured a shootout anyway.

Probably would have had been if the Dalla offense showed up..

Vikes played a good game, I thought they were gonna lose, but there’s a reason I don’t bet on football games..

Al

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

I want to know how it is deemed “classless” by playing all 60 minutes of the game?

The only classless play was all of the smacktalk the cowboys did all week, only to cut their own throat come sunday.

If they kicked a field goal, would that have been classy? or should they just have handed the ball over to the cowboys and let them attempt to score, to make them feel better about themselves? last i checked, this is the big leagues, not Little League, where everything is “fair”.

I have no problem with a team making a statement like the vikings did yesterday. your team talked all week about how they were going to dominate this game, and all of the national analysts shared the same opinion. the vikings merely showed who was the better team, and they cemented that in. Honestly, I think its more about attitude, and that game, and that play shows that the vikes have a taste for blood right now, and will not let up for anything.

Just what you want in a team that is trying to win a Superbowl.

Well said Perch I could not agree more!

nater3
    Webster City, IA

The peanut gallery is probably the same place all of the Wild fans have gone. A couple of years ago when the Wild were playing my Avalanche in the playoffs all of these guys were the biggest Wild fanatics and now that they suck, you don’t hear a thing. I just haven’t decided what I want more yet, for the Vikings to just get knocked out as soon as possible to end the noise of by all of you purple priders or for the vikings to actually get to the super bowl and lose there so it hurts more. Tough decision. Then to add salt to the whole thing you can begin the Favre offseason drama. Let me give you a post game preview of Favre’s statements. “Uh, I don’t know right now. I need to sit down with my family and talk about it. If I had to decide right now, I would say no because my body is tired, but you know in a few months I may feel differently. I just don’t know. You know with me it has never been about the records or any of that. I just love the game of football. I love the fans. If I can’t play at the level I want to play at, I won’t just hang around for records. This is a great bunch of guys. ” A few tears will be in his eyes at this point and he will start dramatically waving to the crowd and Deanna as though it is his last time on a football field. He will then completely break down leaving the field. For the next few months he won’t say anything and Steve Mariuchi will have some emotional interview on tv where Brett talks about how he is just enjoying mowing his lawn and his family. Favre will in no way want to go to training camp and will play games to try to avoid it. He will come back for one more season if the purple leadership lubes him properly for another year and strokes his ego. At the end of it all he will have a press conference where he talks about his youngest daughter tearfully telling him that she wants him to keep playing football and he will conveniently come back after the two a days are over in camp. Enjoy!!!

kooty
    Keymaster

Wow, the hatred runs deep in this one. What is hockey again?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

The peanut gallery is probably the same place all of the Wild fans have gone. A couple of years ago when the Wild were playing my Avalanche in the playoffs all of these guys were the biggest Wild fanatics and now that they suck, you don’t hear a thing.

The decline of the hockey talk likely doesn’t have anything to due with how the Wild play on a given night. The sport as a whole is in tough shape right now with a declining fan base across the country. There’s all kinds of reading out there on this subject. This popped into my head because I was just reading about this last week and it struck me that maybe those hockey fans haven’t stopped talking about their team, they’ve just stopped being fans altogether.

Quote:

When the NHL came out of the 2005 strike they had a chance to sign a deal with a popular television station the majority of people get, instead they opted for the larger contract and signed with Versus. Versus reaches about 64 million homes, by contrast ESPN reaches about 90 million homes. Since signing the contract the NHL has seen its viewer numbers hover around the same levels as professional bowling, poker, and arena football. Although the NHL enjoyed a brief one year resurgence in Canada after the strike, ratings dropped significantly the next season.

In the United States the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs ratings reached an all time low. The NHL set numerous record lows for number of viewers of playoff games on several occasions, including in game three of the Stanley Cup Finals. In game three the NHL drew a 1.1 rating, down 31 percent from the previous year according to AOL Sports. This rating was comparable to a rerun of “The West Wing”.

It is clear that the NHL star that once shown with so much potential is on the verge of burning out. From the record low television ratings, to NBC dropping an overtime playoff game in favor of a pre-show for a horse race, it has become clear the NHL has serious problems.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Is there a reason this thread goes like, 8 feet past my screen edge ????? Hard to follow and I want to

big G

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Is there a reason this thread goes like, 8 feet past my screen edge ????? Hard to follow and I want to

big G

That’s weird. Everything is “normal” on this end with regards to formatting.

I threw in a screen shot of your post.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

This is my favorite QUOTE so far after the game…

Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking’s comments. “OK, we apologize. I’m sorry. Better?”

hnd

i hate the vikings but what they did yesterday was not at all classless. people who say they are must not watch when the nfl network runs their “greatest comebacks ever” shows where teams mail in the 4th quarters only to find themselves losing a “sure win”

see the arizona cardinals against green bay.

this isnt’ ymca 5th grade football…this is the nfl…the best of the best…class is playing like champions not losing like sallys. i love keith brooking but if you are looking for classlessness look no further than his actions yesterday.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Good job Brett!!!!!

What team does he play for????
    Looking for black and white TV for the next game so not to see the color purple.

Radio guys yesterday were saying the queens are now a passing first team-running second and this molded into itself as the season went on. Isn’t AP the best in the league???? Where has the queens great running game gone???
    If the queens are going to place all this on Favre’s shoulders–expect to play your last game this coming weekend. He’ll be more than fine IF the queens are up and the running game is strong–anything else is too much for any QB, esp. one that is 40 yoa.

big_g
    Isle, MN

James, it’s fine now ? Damn your good

big G

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Get back to work Big G…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James, it’s fine now ? Damn your good

big G

All the credit goes to Jon Jordan. I wasn’t seeing the issue in Safari. He pointed me in the right direction…. it was all of Kooty’s graemlins stretching things out.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

If the queens are going to place all this on Favre’s shoulders–expect to play your last game this coming weekend.

Yeah, he had an off game yesterday. Just terrible vision and no touch on his passes. I can see where you are coming from.

I don’t talk much about the Wild here because I talk about them elsewhere. As for the Avs, good luck. You’ll do about as good as the Blues or Blackhawks did last year with a young team.

As for the first poster complaining about runing up the score, how come it was OK for your Pack to run thye score up on AZ? Classless.

kooty
    Keymaster

A 22inch wide screen baby!!! Go big or go home!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

100% disagree. I am so sick and tired of us or any team going to the “safe and conservative” offense when they get a good lead. It makes me sick to see us or Childress get conservative and spot a touchdown to teams that aren’t earning it. In the end it looks like a fairly close game, pads the other teams stats, etc. I have always hated Childress or whoever being conservative. I was very happy to see the killer instinct come out in this team.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.