Electric Fillet Knives

• earnit

Sorry if this topic has been covered before. Anyhow, I’m wondering if anyone can suggest a nice electric knife. I used a very “cheap” one last weekend and loved how it cut. I did not like the handle size or the “trigger”….so I’m not going to buy one like I used. I won’t say the brand name.

I couldn’t believe how easy it was to fillet fish w/ one of these things, and just how quick it went!

Please advise. THANKS! Looking to buy one!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The key to cleaning fish is to have a flexible knife or blades. This will allow you the flexibility around the rib bones and for cleaning panfish. I have used the Rapala ones before, but received an electric Mr. Twister Electric Fillet Knife for christmas and I love the flexibility in those blades.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

TJ,

When I have a mess of fish to clean I use my Angler’s Best Cordless knife. I came with two batteries, charger and two different sets of blades. The reason I like it so much is because of the handle. It is recessed so that you are not hitting your knuckles on the table or what ever you are cutting on. I has also been very reliable.

Got mine at Reed’s.

FDR

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have both a Mr Twister and American Angler. Love them both.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The best electric knife has yet to be invented. But all 3 (Mr Twister, American Angler and Rapala) are all good. I see AA re-designed the handle this year.

My big knock the AA and Rapala knife is the blade ejection button is right on top of the handle where you natuarally place your thumb. I can’t tell you how many time I have ejected the blades by accident!!

BTW, a cheap (less that $10) black and decker from fleet farm works well too….

-J.

hnd

do not buy the cabelas black and red one….its horrible…your index finger is sore from holding downt he button the entire time.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I got the corded Mister Twister….I loved it so much, I bought a 2nd !!! Haven’t mastered the 2 at once yet…. but when somebody says, “hey that looks easy”… well then thats just an invite to try the 2nd…

big G

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

X2 on the Twister

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Just curious, do you sharpen these blades or replace them??

Al

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My Mr. Twister is over 10 years old on the original set of blades. I would just throw them though and get new if they were “dull”.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Kooty,

Don’t you need to catch some fish before you need a fillet knife?

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have the Rapala corded one and like it a lot. I think I would prefer the cordless one but thought I would try this one to start with. It is a little much with the cord and transformer for the 12-volt option but the cords are long enough to keep out of the way and get to a power source.

earnit

Quote:

do not buy the cabelas black and red one….its horrible…your index finger is sore from holding downt he button the entire time.

Yup, been there……only one I’ve ever used. That is off the list.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Have been using a Mr. Twister for over 20 years. On my 3 set of blades.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I think you have seen the better ones discussed. Once you get used to them you will find you may never go back to a knife. I’m on my 3rd Mr Twister (not because they are junk), but I use it alot. You can fillet almost anything you can with a knife. What I like is I can fillet as fast as with a knife with about the same amount of waste.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

We have 2 of them and I like both . One is a mister twister a plug in one and a rechargeble rapala one . love the rapala rechargeable one for landings that have a cleaning station all fish are cleaned and on ice before we head home.

From Jeff

corey-studer

Quote:

The best electric knife has yet to be invented. But all 3 (Mr Twister, American Angler and Rapala) are all good. I see AA re-designed the handle this year.

My big knock the AA and Rapala knife is the blade ejection button is right on top of the handle where you natuarally place your thumb. I can’t tell you how many time I have ejected the blades by accident!!

BTW, a cheap (less that $10) black and decker from fleet farm works well too….

-J.

I’ve been using the same USED black and decker I found at some camp that was left behind a few years ago. Was that yours Jon? If so, I could use some new blades.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

The key to cleaning fish is to have a flexible knife or blades. This will allow you the flexibility around the rib bones and for cleaning panfish. I have used the Rapala ones before, but received an electric Mr. Twister Electric Fillet Knife for christmas and I love the flexibility in those blades.

I love my Mr. Twister and here is the next one on my wish list…more powerful yet and saltwater proof!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.