crankbait rod

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

thinking of getting a crankbait rod for christmas and just seeing wut everyones favorite is?! ill be using it for bass, thanx guys

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

There will be a lot of opinions here… For a multi purpose, crank/swim bait/plastics rod I favor the Legend Tournament Bass 70MF…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It depends on what type of cranking that you like to do. If it is openwater cranking the St. Croix crankbaits rods are hard to beat. If you do a lot of Ripping in and around weeds most of the true crankbait rods are way to soft IMO. For that I say go with a 7 Ft Med. Fast action rod. Again can’t go wrong with a St. Croix

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have 4 different crank rods for 4 different applications.
    They range from 6′ medium light to 7′-6″ hedium heavy. A lot has to do with what size cranks your tossing and what type of action your looking to get with them. Also, if you swing on them like I do, you’ll need to drop to a softer action so you don’t bust them off while swinging for the fence

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

I do most of my crankin on rock and wood..not much grass

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Standard Cranking – Go – Lamiglas but you may want to also look at a Kistler All Day Flip and Pitch Rod (7’8″) for chunking big DD 22 Normans and the New Deep Rapala. I have been through plenty of rods and do alot of cranking.

Also, if you are ripping foil with a rattle bait – it is sometimes better to use a graphite rod that allows you to snap the bait.

It is all about the application.

Dog

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.