Where to find a replacement lock?

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I just bought this toolbox off the showroom floor, they were unable to find the key so I got a discount. Now i have to find a new lock, but everywhere I seem to look, I can’t find one. Anyone have an suggestions on where to look? Thanks!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Have you tried calling just about any locksmith?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

A locksmith can re-key that lock. Or any lock shop will have a new cylendar you can just swap out.

-J.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I was hoping to get it at a Home Depot or something, but that may end up being my best bet!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have seen cam locks at Home Depot.

Rockler Woodworking stores will have them.

Shouldn’t be hard to find a replacement.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

yup, they are everywhere, you will probly have to remove the finger fron your old and put on new. Menards, HD Lowes Hdwr stores, easy to find

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

1.) Did you look to see if the key might be taped to the bottom or back of the drawer?

2.) If the lock has a number stamped on the face of it a lock smith may have a key already.

alumanator
    New Hope, MN

Sears
    I bet a craftsman lock will work.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You could call the tool box manufacturer. Decent chance they will send for free or maybe even ask you for identifying number off current lock so a key can be sent. That’s where I would start.

red89
    Hudson

I just had a similar problem today. My truck came with a tractor supply company tool box, but no keys for it. I called tractor supply and they called the company that provides them with the locks I believe. I think its gonna cost me about $20 to get a new set of keys shipped to my house. It would be a little cheaper if I wanted to drive to tractor supply(45 minutes) to pick it up. I bet you could put a new lock on yourself, or get a key from a locksmith alot cheaper than that, but I just went with my first option instead of running around… My lock has numbers on the front, so I just gave them those numbers, dont know if you have the same.

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Call and talk to Jeff at Security Lock Smith next time your in town. I bet he can make a new key for ya.
    Jeff handles all my lock problems at the wash. Tell him I sent ya.
    Rod

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I think I have the lock and keys off an old craftsmen tool box let me know if you are interested.brand new never installed

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Take the old one with you to make sure they are the same diameter and height.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.