Where to stay on the Rainy river?

• go-fish
    Mn.se metro

Hey guys,heading up to the Rainy river later this fall,trying to find a place to rent
    (cabin motel,hotel…),somewhere near the town of birchdale,not finding a whole lot on the internet.
    figure one of the ido guys may put me in the right direction.
    Thanks

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I would try Wigwam our site sponsor, excellent fishing right out the front door.
    When I fish it in the spring we stay at wigwam and drive our rigs to birchdale to fish, long drive to the access but the amenities that Wigwam has is very tough to beat…..

Otherwise close to Birchdale, your best bet is clementson resort in Clementson.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

clementston resort may have some openings

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Wigwan would be a great choice. JP the manager will for sure see that you have a great time.

They go out off their way for their customers.

mikev

Quite a few years ago, the area tourist dept. sent me a complete list of accommodations for the rainy river and south shore of the lake, it is very helpful. 1.800.382.3474 should be the number or let me know and I can get you a copy of it. I have stayed in a few different places and each one has its own advantage. Good luck and have fun.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Quite a few years ago, the area tourist dept. sent me a complete list of accommodations for the rainy river and south shore of the lake, it is very helpful. 1.800.382.3474 should be the number or let me know and I can get you a copy of it. I have stayed in a few different places and each one has its own advantage. Good luck and have fun.

This might be what he mentioned.

I’ll second Clemenston.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.