deep cycle batteries

• SHONW

What is a good brand for a\ deep cycle battery? It will be for a 12 volt trolling motor, lights and graph. I would like to go to a 24 volt system but I don’t have the room for two batteries in the boat.

Thanks

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Interstate have always worked great for me.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I like and use all Interstate batteries, I get them off thier truck at my job .They are the ones that are takin off ther shelves from other shops that dont sell (turn over stock) and they can run about half the price or less. I run all group 27s and are now 2 yrs old still running strong JMHO

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I used to use Trojan SCS200’s but they doubled their price since the last time I bought one. My second choice was Interstate. I would spend my money on a good on-board charger such as the Promariner 12 2-bank charger or similar. They can make a poor man’s battery last longer.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If you are comparing two identicle batteries (amp hrs) buy the heaviest one. The key is to have the thickest plates as the internal component. In general terms within a single manufacture, they may have two or three series of batteries. Sometimes the batteries are the same, but just longer warranties with a larger price tag. Regardless of manufacture, buy the battery that has the thickest plates and you will get more drain/recharge cycles out of it.

Also, make sure it is fully charged before storing. Batteries naturally disipate a few milli-amps as they sit. A quality battery will be fully charged at 13.5 to 14.1 volts and should only drop to 11.5 over 4 or 5 months

das_bass
    Mound, MN

Fleet Farm has good batteries at good prices.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Excellent advice, thanks Randy.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I run the Optimax batteries and they are group 31 units. They are not the cheapest by any means but they are the best I have ever placed in a boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.