Looking for Doves!!!

• philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Usually this time of year in west central IL. were deep in doves. Our food plots are doing well but the doves aren’t or at least gone south. Our local radio outdoor show last Sat. said he believes the doves have already migrated. just wondered if any of you from up north are seeing any doves or shoot’n any birds

let me know
    Phil

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

They are thick down here in Nebraska right now. I see hundreds of them every day on my way to work.

Ragerunner

I’m not a dove hunter, but I don’t recall ever seeing so many doves in SE MN. We were shooting trap in our quarry and the doves kept flying and even landing in trees next to us the whole time.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I was just thinking the same thing. Looking at my notes from last year our group had taken close to 200 Doves to this point from last year and we have 6 Doves so far in the south Metro “mpls” this season.

Have they really migrated this early?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I was in Central WI this weekend and thought to myself, look at all the doves! Wish I lived around here.

I’m seeing more this year from Hudson to Chippewa Falls than I’ve noted in the past, for what it’s worth.

Eric

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Well thats good to hear men guess we still have hope. I’ll have to keep checking on a daily basis. I live half way between the mississippi river & IL. river normally major flyway. My cuz’s grampa by marriage raises 15 acres of sweet corn & mows it down for us the 3rd week of Aug. Kinda like cutting silage and leaving it lay & the birds love it we even kill geese in it later in the year.
    thanx guys,
    Phil

bill mitchell

shot a whole bunch of them in versailles, ky. last fri. probably doesnt help you much though

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

Our group has taken nearly 90 so far this year in the same gravel pit in southern mn during a total of 3 outings.the other 100 or so got away somehow.

j.bird

Was out trout fishing yesterday in se mn… saw a @#$% ton of em”… there comming your way soon… most or all of the local robins have been gone for a month… the doves will soon follow!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.