FYI

• scottd
    wisconsin

If you have a faulty Lowrance product,(like I do)dont hesitate beyond 30 days to get it back to the retailer where you purchased it from.
    Lowrance has the retailers hands tied.
    After 30 days the retailer cannot exchange tit for tat.
    I was told this morning by Lowrance cutomer service that once they received my FAULTY unit I would have a new one in 3-4 weeks.(Rediculous)
    After getting disgruntled and saying to the condesending represenative that there has been talk on-line about their cutomer service-she said they dont care what people say on “chat sites”.
    In-closing:I have tried all their hard and soft resets and no luck/I am switching to Garmin.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Before jumping into anything, take a look at Humminbird.

scottd
    wisconsin

Thanks-will do.
    Does humminbird have quality hand-held gps?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

I was told this morning by Lowrance cutomer service that once they received my FAULTY unit I would have a new one in 3-4 weeks.(Rediculous)

I don’t know how many large companies would provide you with a new product in less than that time span…at this point no one really knows if indeed your unit is “faulty”. If you are not an electronic expert, like many of us, three weeks turn around time from the manufacturer is reasonable…What did your dealer to to diagnose or help with the problem, if anything? There have been several posts made here over the years to incriminate EVERY electronics brand name out there…
    I’m not telling you what to do..but it seems you are throwing away the entire cost of that unit by not waiting a few weeks for a repair/replacement.
    I have not waited more than week for repair/replacement from Lowrance…perhaps the 3-4 week comment is standard response form CS?

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well from the GET GO, Lowrance had like a week or less turn around time.. Humminbird used to be “24 hours” so they say..

now units cost less to make then they did back then.. and the profit margin is outrageous.

case in point, YOU CAN BUY A LAPTOP, that has a least the same size screen and does 50 times more things then a ‘large size ” lowrance unit, for $499..

this whole situation is ridiculous. screens are unbelievably cheap.. the circuits are less then a major CPU..

Lowrance should go back to sending you a whole new unit.. because their profit margin is higher then ever.

and if Darrel Lowrance saw what was going on.. He would be kicking butt and firing people left and right until the situation got fixed.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Good luck with Garmin

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

im siding with tom on this one. i had a problem 2 years ago with my h2oC. i filled out the app online, rec’d the RMA via email, shipped it to their facility. got confirmation of receipt via email within 3 days. then 6 days after that, i received an email containing shipping information of the package they sent back. 3 days later i opened the package to a brand new unit.

they told me 3-4 weeks too… i think its just a standard response. plus i would rather be told it would take 4 weeks and have it come back in 4, versus being told it would take 2 weeks and have it come back in 4…

im sorry you had a bad experience with their CS.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Thanks-will do.
    Does humminbird have quality hand-held gps?

I have a preference for Magellan GPS products. They’re warranty / replacement policies are very up front. Good quality unit for the money
    MAGELLAN Website

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If you do buy another…it would be well worth your while to consult with Wade at Jolly Ann here. Wade has helped me out NUMEROUS times on multiple units I have purchased as well as my friends I have sent his way. Fair prices and no tax outside of Iowa!

scottd
    wisconsin

Thank you guys for the replys.

Scott

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.