Cool news about my boy.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I’m rarely ever around IDO anymore,just to dang busy with my life and famliy.
    And I don’t know if many of you remember my oldest son Cole.Last week he passed his PST and will earn a slot in Navy SEAL school.The test is a tuff one,and Cole did a great job on it.
    He is only a few months past his 17 b-day now,and is on pace to grad early from HS.

Take care,

Ryan Hale

stuart
    Mn.

Thats cool!

benihana
    Central MN

That is very impressive. I have heard and read that to even earn that slot is quite an accomplishment. Please pass on my congratulations and thanks for his service.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You have got to be one tuff kid to make it through that program! Congrats. When I was in the Marines and stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC the SEALS worked out with the Recon unit. Those guys started every day with a 10 mile run in boots!!! And that was just a warm up to the rest of the day.

Thank him for the service!!

-J.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ryan, That is awesome news! Cole is such a good kid and he will make for a great member of our armed forces. You must be (and should be) incredibly proud of him. For those who don’t know Cole, he is a member here and is an avid angler. I’ve had the pleasure of fishing with this young man several times and he is passionate, driven, and most of all very respectful. I suspect he is exactly what the Navy is looking for.

Congratulations to you, Cole! Stay on the right path and don’t let anything get in your way.

I dug up this pic from the 2007 Okoboji Bass Open. You were a great partner! Congrats again, Cole and congrats to you also Ryan! You raised this boy right.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Ryan great to hear from you it has been way too long since your last post. That is awesome news about Cole I know you are one proud father as well you should be. Cole keep up the great work young man we all here at IDO are very proud of you, thank you for your service to our great country!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

He’ll be kicking the old man’s before you know. Tell him congrats and good luck with Seal school. I can’t imagine the dedication it takes to get there and make it.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That deserves big time bragging rights

Kick some butt Cole

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Cole? You mean that nice boy I met at the PDC Gtg in ’05??

Congrats to both of you!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

As Jon anothers have said, you have to be not just the “Cream of the Crop” to be considered…but even the top of that!!!

Congrats to him and yourself! You gotta be one proud Papa!

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

As I have said before Ryan …….. Be proud buddy , he couldnt have done it without you ! Congrats Cole

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks to all of you for the kind words,it really means a lot to me,and the family.

Wade,hope things are going well for you.Very nice words about Cole.He is on year #2 with his own boat now,but targets muskies most of the time these days.

Steve,how you been? Hope you got out and did some upland hutning the last few years.

BrianK,that would be him. 6′ 1″,185#’s right now.

Kooty,he can only dream.

Kent,thank you very much buddy,it means a lot to us here in the Hale household.

And to each and everyone of you,thank-you.I’ll make sure Cole reads all of this.

500 yard swim,2 minute pushups,2 minute setups,pullups,1 1/2 run back to back…..passed with flying colors.

Couple pics for you guys.Hey if anyone talkes to DeeZee,please let him know whats going on.

Ryan Hale

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I’ve put hundreds of privates into the military as a platoon DI and I think maybe a dozen could have passed this test. Good luck to him in his service. Pay attention. Playing for keeps means no second chances.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.